PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Doubt on Scheduled Task GUI usage

deeptiman.panda
March 27th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Hi All

I have been using Ubuntu since version 8. It seems to be quite cool. But sometimes here and there I run into some issues and get the help in the Ubuntu forums.

Here is an issue for which I did not get an answer in the forums. Hope someone can help me.

I am trying to shutdown the system every morning at a specific time.

The command I am using is

shutdown -P now

it works fine when used as a task to run one time.

But when I use it as a 'recurrent task', it does not work. Even stranger, after I create it as a recurrent task, and go to the menu option 'run selected task', it works fine and shuts down the system.

Only it does not work when I schedule it to shutdown at a specific time when it is set up as a recurrent task.

PS: Previously I have used a command so that shutdown does not need sudo access. so no issues there.

Attaching a screen shot of the setup.

Hope I can get some help here.

Thanks very much

Deeptiman

pbpersson
March 27th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Stupid question - were you still logged on as yourself? It will not work if you are not logged on or if someone else is logged onto the machine.

Did you check their web site (http://gnome-schedule.sourceforge.net/) for known issues?

deeptiman.panda
March 27th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Hi

I am sorry, I did not follow your post. I think, I need to be logged on as myself and the scheduled task should still work. And it does not answer, why it is working when I use it as a one time task.

Anyways, I will go through their site to find for any answers.

Thanks anyways.

Still I will be glad if someone can help me out here.

DP