PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] SQUASHFS Erros when Installing from CD

Garetty
March 27th, 2010, 12:24 AM
I have tried reading this page to figure out how to solve this: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SquashfsErrors

Near the bottom it says, "Some users have reported that adding the ide=nodma or acpi=off allowed them to work around this issue (which proved to be bad memory modules). You might want to give that a try."

How can I do that?

I know I can install Ubuntu because I installed 8.10 just a week ago, and it installed just fine. But I had to uninstall it because there was an error while updating that caused Ubuntu to mess up.

stlsaint
March 27th, 2010, 02:36 AM
according to that howto it looks as if it is wanting you to edit grub at livecd. Are you able to boot into the cd? Because that page is for not being able to boot. Are you having install errors and if so at what point do you get the errors.

Garetty
March 27th, 2010, 03:52 AM
according to that howto it looks as if it is wanting you to edit grub at livecd. Are you able to boot into the cd? Because that page is for not being able to boot. Are you having install errors and if so at what point do you get the errors.

Yes, it is install errors... I get them a little after the White Ubuntu Image comes up after I select Install.

There are a whole bunch of errors that say SQUASHFS error:.
It also happens when I try to boot from the CD.

kvarley
April 11th, 2010, 01:52 PM
bump - I have the same problem