PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How is Karmic doing now?

jfinner1
March 26th, 2010, 03:05 AM
So here's the short version. I've been a Ubuntu user for a while now. I had a lot of issues when I did the initial upgrade to Karmic, to the point that I then wiped my computer and re-installed Jaunty. But something went wonky with the install, and then I got drunk around a bunch of Fedora users, and next thing I know, I have Fedora on my computer... Yeah, not so smart... So I've been trying to get used to this new OS, because all my friends like it, but I just want Ubuntu back. So I'm saying heck with it, I just finished backing up all my files, and I'm switching back to Ubuntu. But I'm not sure if I should install Jaunty, or Karmic. Have the bugs in Karmic been all smoothed out? Here's a link to the issues I was having: clicky (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1315813).

As a piece of wisdom: Never make computer decisions after half a bottle of Captain Morgan... You will probably regret them in the morning.

2hot6ft2
March 26th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Karmic works great for me and the link just leads to you saying you wanted to go back to Juanty.

jfinner1
March 26th, 2010, 03:44 AM
Compiz freezes, Banshee freezes, Firefox freezes, VLC freezes, my wireless mouse is jumpy, my sound is crap, and sometimes non-existent, and I've had the whole computer freeze to the point of needing a hard re-boot 6 times.

That's the part I was talking about. I'm not sure if I can find the exact problem posts for said issues, but I could look if you want them.