PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems Installing Eclipse IDE in Ubuntu 9.10

rankinaaron
March 25th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Background info: I am fairly new to Ubuntu and I am running it virtually in Windows 7 Professional via VMWare. I have dual booted Ubuntu and Windows 7 before and the GUI has always broken on me randomly and none of the solutions that I searched for worked, hence the running virtually.

I want to use Eclipse for C++ development, but when I try to install it, it fails. It shows 34 of 35 packages being installed and one failing, showing an error that it is not connecting to the software source server and that I should check my network connection. There shouldn't be a problem with my connection, I can pull 20 megs down, HOWEVER I am on wireless and will try a wired connection as soon as I'm able. I've tried several different methods of installing, including through terminal with commands, through the Ubuntu Software Center, as well downloading the files directly from the Eclipse website, all of them encounter the same error.

As a side note, I was wondering if there are any limitations to running Ubuntu virtually (aside from having to share hardware resources).

Thanks in advance!