PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] GDM language default

^_Pepe_^
March 25th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Hi all.

This is my problem.

1. I have to use Windows at work, but I cannot live without Ubuntu, so I have installed a virtual machine. Now I've fresh-installed 10.04, and it finally finished in English with no questions to me. Ok. I have changed everything to Spanish flawlessly (keyboard, OpenOffice...). Ok. But, GDM always starts with English by default and USA keyboard by default...

2. I cannot use "automatic logon" option, because everything starts in English and I should have to logoff and re-logon

3. After this, I have some troubles to activate the keyboard in GDM but I suspect VMWare to be the culprit. That's why I need automatic logon.

So, how can I get rid on English version in GDM or at least, put Spanish as default option?

Thanks to all in advance.

BTW, Lucid ĦĦROCKS!!

Regards

zvacet
March 25th, 2010, 01:59 PM
I'm not at Ubuntu right now,but you can look under keyboard<ad language and see if you can make your desired language default.Other option is under system>admin>language support and there look if you can choose your desired language as default.

^_Pepe_^
March 25th, 2010, 03:35 PM
I'm not at Ubuntu right now,but you can look under keyboard<ad language and see if you can make your desired language default.Other option is under system>admin>language support and there look if you can choose your desired language as default.

Yesss!

It worked. In "keyboard" options, I've changed Spanish as default (system-wide), and, although I can see both keyboard distributions in GDM, at least, Spanish is default.

General language has changed too.

It works.

Thanks.