PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Loading (Live and Install) Fails?

kilmargames
March 25th, 2010, 01:39 AM
So I was trying to launch Ubuntu off of a Live CD that I have (9.04, I got it a while ago) and while launching either the Live CD or the installation, I get an error (init: rc-default main process (xxxx) terminated with status xxx) the reason I use Xs in that is because it did different numbers each time.
I'm pretty good with computers, so I'll understand what you say.

Oh and I'm pretty sure I should give you stats of my computer for extra info:
Win XP (main os)
Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS
some crappy integrated sound card from intel
3GBs of RAM
Intel Pentium 4, 2.99GHz
And ask if more info is needed.

666f6f
March 25th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Just a guess.. maybe the installation medium (your CD) is damaged? Can you download Karmic 9.10 iso, burn and try again?

P.S. Crappy integrated sound cards and crappy integrated VGA adapters from Intel are almost guaranteed to behave nicely under Linux ;-)

kilmargames
March 25th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Lol. Okay. Ill try that, I was going to get the Alpha of 10.04, just cause im a nerd and like that kind of thing, but yeah will do.
And the sound card, thats one of the reasons i got the nvidia, the integrated gfx card lol. nasty thing.

666f6f
March 25th, 2010, 01:55 AM
OK, good luck with your future Lucid installation! (it's in beta now, make sure you download the Beta 1 disc).

kilmargames
March 27th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Okay. I downloaded Karmic, but the thing didn't want to download right, so today, I downloaded the wubi.exe for Lucid. Now, i installed it, and rebooted, it shows the boot screen for a second and goes to a termainal/dos screen. And stays there.

and: Lucid's boot screen is awesome.