PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] iscsi target in ubuntu server

derek654
March 24th, 2010, 11:55 PM
I am a newbie to ubuntu. I have just installed an iscsitarget on ubuntu and am having problems connecting to it. I can connect to it when I am in my LAN, but when I am trying to connect from a windows initator and a windows 7 machine it won't connect. The main problem is that when I try to connect to that target, the target portal IP is the ip of the 192.168.2.55 local private ip and I can't find anywhere an option to change that to be my public ip.

I currently have my machine behind a router and is being natted.

I am using port forwarding.

What I mean is that when I am out of my LAN on my windows machine, the target portal thinks that it is the private ip that it wants to connect to. I can't specify anything different. If I change the ip address of my server, then that target portal ip changes as well.

TheR
March 28th, 2010, 08:36 PM
I try to understand what do you want, but I don't quite get it.

When you are connected with your win7 client on server's private network does iscsi target gets detected?

Do you have two nics in your server? You might have problem routing packets to proper gateway, because you can have only single gateway address specified in the interface definition.

If so, look for "route" command on google.

by
TheR