PDA

View Full Version : How nerdy are YOU?

rockr21
March 24th, 2010, 06:49 PM
You can tell a lot about someone from what they carry in their pockets. Here's how this works: Empty your pockets and anything on your belt (cellphones, knives, etc.) and put the whole lot together. Take a picture of all the stuff you carry around, and post it here. Let's see who carries the geekiest stuff! Here's mine:

_h_
March 24th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Why do you carry a concealed weapon?

snakeman21
March 24th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Mine:

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o356/snakeman_21/100_1006.jpg (http://s340.photobucket.com/albums/o356/snakeman_21/?action=view&current=100_1006.jpg)

Blackmag+c
March 24th, 2010, 06:57 PM
incase the MS crowd get heavy I would guess.

rockr21
March 24th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Why do you carry a concealed weapon?

Haha, actually, I use that knife for EVERYTHING! I use it for screws, paint lids, opening packages... I love it.

doas777
March 24th, 2010, 06:58 PM
You can tell a lot about someone from what they carry in their pockets. Here's how this works: Empty your pockets and anything on your belt (cellphones, knives, etc.) and put the whole lot together. Take a picture of all the stuff you carry around, and post it here. Let's see who carries the geekiest stuff! Here's mine:

I'm pretty geeky, although my pocket contents are not too disimmilar from yourown, save that i don;t carry weapons (no need, and illegal in my office), and my lighter pairs with a pack of smokes. I'm always suspicious when someone has a lighter but no smokes. it makes me think that there is something else in their pockets too. lolz.

I don;t carry a camera so no pictures, but it's simple: smokes/lighter, cell, keys, wallet, and a pen; each in exactly the pocket they are supposed to be in.

cheers

_h_
March 24th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Mine:

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o356/snakeman_21/100_1006.jpg (http://s340.photobucket.com/albums/o356/snakeman_21/?action=view&current=100_1006.jpg)

You don't need to show off your weapons on an internet forum my friend. And a pistol most definitely does NOT fit into your pocket.

snakeman21
March 24th, 2010, 07:00 PM
I'm pretty geeky, although my pocket contents are not too disimmilar from yourown, save that i don;t carry weapons (no need, and illegal in my office), and my lighter pairs with a pack of smokes. I'm always suspicious when someone has a lighter but no smokes. it makes me think that there is something else in their pockets too. lolz.

I don;t carry a camera so no pictures, but it's simple: smokes/lighter, cell, keys, wallet, and a pen; each in exactly the pocket they are supposed to be in.

cheers

hehe, that's funny. I also have a specific pocket that everything goes in. Keys always go in right front pocket, wallet in rear right pocket, cellphone in front left, etc., etc.

snakeman21
March 24th, 2010, 07:02 PM
You don't need to show off your weapons on an internet forum my friend. And a pistol most definitely does NOT fit into your pocket.

No, it does not fit in my pocket... But the OP said anything on your belt... and my state allows me to carry. I'm not trying to show off--in fact, a LOT of people carry around here.

whiskeylover
March 24th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Cell phone and car key. Thats it. Both in different pockets.

jomiolto
March 24th, 2010, 07:03 PM
No pockets. How nerdy is that?

In my typical setup I carry keys and possibly my wallet with me -- I don't even take my phone with me, unless I'm going to be gone for more than a couple of hours. Oh, and a handkerchief, of course. Can't step out of the door without a handkerchief.

If I was truly geeky, I would carry a towel with me.

cascade9
March 24th, 2010, 07:06 PM
I onyl carry my wallet + keys in my pockets, anythign else goes into my bag. Typically its a MP3 player (iriver e100) lighter, spare lighter, ciggies, sometimes a %&#$% mobile phone (I hate the things)...or even 2 (I'm looking for somebody that has a charger for the 'better than the junk mobile I have but I dont know if it works so I'm not spending money till I know it works' phone), pen/pencil, a book, a steel bottle of water, a spare shirt and sometimes a multitool (depends on if I've been riding my bike or going out to fix the odd broken boxxen)

I'm always suspicious when someone has a lighter but no smokes. it makes me think that there is something else in their pockets too. lolz.

Suspicious? Its meant to make you ask if they have a reefer for you too :P

I always carry a lighter, even when I'm not smoking. In part because, even when I've quit a ciggies I still smoke weed sometimes, but also because its a very handy tool to have.

Spare shirt = towel, but you can wear it as well :D

snakeman21
March 24th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Cell phone and car key. Thats it. Both in different pockets.

Wow, dude, you travel light! What about a house key? Wallet?? Cash???

dgw
I'm female, I don't carry a purse, and this is all I usually carry in my pockets.

doas777

lol. in Europe, I imagine that joke carries more weight than it does in the states. there you have to be pretty darn geeky to have remembered all the valuable ways a towel can be used by your galactic hitchhiker.

_h_
March 24th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I'm female, I don't carry a purse, and this is all I usually carry in my pockets.

lol duck tapped wallet.

whiskeylover
March 24th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Wow, dude, you travel light! What about a house key? Wallet?? Cash???

Sorry, wallet in the back pocket. And cash/credit cards in wallet.

The house keys stay in the car.

snakeman21
March 24th, 2010, 07:10 PM

Love the duct tape wallet... I use to have one (made it myself), but when my wife bought me a leather one, I had to start using it so I wouldn't hurt her feelings... LOL

dgw
March 24th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I made my wallet myself.

Doctor Mike
March 24th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Sorry, wallet in the back pocket. And cash/credit cards in wallet.

The house keys stay in the car.Gee I don't know how to take a picture of both hands at the same time... maybe just the lint... that's all I got.

derekeverett
March 24th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Gentlemen,

The contents of my pockets... :lolflag:

Shibblet
March 24th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Gentlemen,

The contents of my wallet... :lolflag:

I normally don't flame in forums, and I mean this in the nicest way...

Dude, you are so full of crap! ;)

doas777
March 24th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I normally don't flame in forums, and I mean this in the nicest way...

Dude, you are so full of crap! ;)
I rule that fair play.

Phrea
March 24th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Cell, wallet, keys, usb stick, lighter, smokes and my gloves.

_h_
March 24th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Gentlemen,

The contents of my pockets... :lolflag:
Gotta love google image search! ;)

Psumi
March 24th, 2010, 08:05 PM
This is all I gots.

Both are in different pockets.

_h_
March 24th, 2010, 08:09 PM
This is all I gots.

Both are in different pockets.

What's that on the left?

doas777
March 24th, 2010, 08:12 PM
What's that on the left?
somthing for the folks that only have lighters

Psumi
March 24th, 2010, 08:16 PM
somthing for the folks that only have lighters

Nope. It's a plastic bag from the local grocery store.

Keith1212
March 24th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Not all at the same time of course, but throughout the week.
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc318/pr0j3ctxb0x/th_DIGI0039.jpg (http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc318/pr0j3ctxb0x/?action=view&current=DIGI0039.jpg)

Wow disc is a joke btw..:P but im that nerdy... yea..

Edit forgot the most important thing so here it is.
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc318/pr0j3ctxb0x/th_DIGI0040.jpg (http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc318/pr0j3ctxb0x/?action=view&current=DIGI0040.jpg)

madmax.santana
March 24th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Not all at the same time of course, but throughout the week.
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc318/pr0j3ctxb0x/th_DIGI0039.jpg (http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc318/pr0j3ctxb0x/?action=view&current=DIGI0039.jpg)

Wow disc is a joke btw..:P but im that nerdy... yea..

Edit forgot the most important thing so here it is.
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc318/pr0j3ctxb0x/th_DIGI0040.jpg (http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc318/pr0j3ctxb0x/?action=view&current=DIGI0040.jpg)
Buddy don't tell me you are not an elctronics engineer... :P

Keith1212
March 24th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Buddy don't tell me you are not an elctronics engineer... :P
haha no but i do tinker with alot of electronics when i go to friends. Also i like to make pcs out of old parts for fun. plus im a geek and have modded many ppls xboxs and psp so when they need help im the only one they call lol.

heres one of the funner ones ive done. http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc318/pr0j3ctxb0x/Brians%20Xbox/

standingwave
March 24th, 2010, 09:44 PM
wallet and change
cell phone
keys (key fob is a 4GB flash drive with 9.10)
OldTimer™ pocketknife
comb
Altoids Smalls
lighter

Crunchy the Headcrab
March 24th, 2010, 09:47 PM
I hope this is a joke. Why is having a gun on your belt showing off?

Btw I didn't post mine because all I've got in my pockets are: keys, phone, chapstick, wallet

samalex
March 24th, 2010, 09:53 PM
This is a unique post, so heck I'll jump in :)

I don't feel like emptying my pockets, but here's what I have:
- Keys, which contains about 10 keys plus two car remotes
- Remington Pocket knife
- Cell Phone
- Wallet
- Receipt from Bahama Bucks which I grabbed earlier
.. they gave me Blue Coconut instead of Blue Bubblegum for which I asked -- I hate coconut so taking it home to my wonderful wife
- 75 cents in quarters for the soda machine since I couldn't drink my Bahama Bucks slushy

Sam

blur xc
March 24th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Here's my daily carry-

Normally I carry a leatherman multi tool, but the pocket clip broke so I'm back to the tactical folder. I'm also currently in between wallets, so I only carry my ID and bank card.

BM

cariboo
March 24th, 2010, 10:42 PM
The only thing I have in my pockets is my wallet, I hate having stuff in them. I use an aluminium briefcase/toolkit to carry all the stuff I need on a day to day basis.

mamamia88
March 24th, 2010, 11:12 PM
op yours looks almost exactly like mine with exception of knife. i even have same exact phone

spupy
March 25th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Nerds don't compare pocket contents, they compare /home folders.

Anyway...
a wallet
a mobile phone
an mp3 player (optional)
a package of chewing gum
a tissue
a key (yes, I have only one key!)
a fountain pen (optional)
a small Swiss knife with a flash drive in it (optional)

... my powerlevels remain hidden!

NightwishFan
March 25th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Lint.

I carry all of my stuff in my laptop bag.

eriktheblu
March 25th, 2010, 04:04 AM
1. Pipe pouch
(1) pipe cleaners
(2) matches
(3) pipe filters
(4) pipe
(5) pipe tool
(6) lighter
(7) tobacco pouch with a couple days worth of Captain Black Royal
2. Mini mag light, LED
3. tooth pick carrier (I have no idea why that's still in there)
4. jack knife
5. sidearm and holster
6. spare magazine and carrier
7. work keys
8. my keys
9. my phone
10. blackberry (work)
11. wallet

got awesome?
March 25th, 2010, 04:34 AM
Lots of weapons going around... I'm glad people aren't that paranoid in my country.

My pockets: wallet, keys, phone, ipod, rolling tobocca+papers+filters+lighter.

CharlesA
March 25th, 2010, 04:36 AM
The only thing I have in my pockets is my wallet, I hate having stuff in them. I use an aluminium briefcase/toolkit to carry all the stuff I need on a day to day basis.

Same here, except I have a leather bag for carrying all my junk.

The only things in my pockets are: wallet, keys, phone.

arashiko28
March 25th, 2010, 04:47 AM
I'm a female, but I don't carry a bag either since once I got robbed. On my left back pocket I have a small wallet, right side, IPAQ, front left coins, keys and headphones, front right, cell phone.;)

mamamia88
March 25th, 2010, 05:10 AM
heres a question is it weird to carry a zippo lighter around if you don't smoke? after reading this thread i just ordered one for myself on amazon just kind of wanted one

aklo
March 25th, 2010, 05:25 AM
I'm suprised nobody got a grenade in their pocket:D

I don't have a pic but i only got my wallet and handphone in my pockets daily.

cartman640
March 25th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Not much, keys, usb drives, pen, iphone and wallet. The other pile of gadgets is in my bag.

earthpigg
March 25th, 2010, 08:14 AM
cell, cancer sticks, wallet, keychain (containing car key, house, handcuff key, and 4gb thumb drive).

i keep a knife and cassette recorder in the car. they stay there most of the time.

standingwave
March 25th, 2010, 08:43 AM
heres a question is it weird to carry a zippo lighter around if you don't smoke? after reading this thread i just ordered one for myself on amazon just kind of wanted oneNot at all. You never know when you might need to set something on fire.

arashiko28
March 25th, 2010, 06:18 PM
cell, cancer sticks, wallet, keychain (containing car key, house, handcuff key, and 4gb thumb drive).

i keep a knife and cassette recorder in the car. they stay there most of the time.

I got curious... If you are already aware that they cause cancer... why keep on it? Unless of course you want to die young...

Berk
March 25th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I got curious... If you are already aware that they cause cancer... why keep on it? Unless of course you want to die young...

As an ex-smoker, I feel fully qualified to say this: Be quiet and stop asking asking silly questions.

doas777
March 25th, 2010, 07:03 PM
As an ex-smoker, I feel fully qualified to say this: Be quiet and stop asking asking silly questions.thank you.
simple answer: i love to smoke

Berk
March 25th, 2010, 07:07 PM
thank you.
simple answer: i love to smoke

Same, I no longer let myself though. :( (It was affecting my girlfriends health.)

mamamia88
March 25th, 2010, 07:15 PM
i don't smoke but understand that it's very hard to quit so i won't let myself even try smoking. no i spend my money on beer instead. and honestly saying "smoking will kill ya" is just stupid. the saying should be "being alive will kill ya smoking will just get you there quicker" i don't see the point in living if you can't enjoy yourself once in awhile.

andras artois
March 25th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Memory Stick unless I'm going to the pub or such.
Earphones unless I'm going somewhere with other people.
Keys with torch, I keep on me all the time.
Lighter, usually have one with me.
Wallet, keep it with me nearly all the time.
Phone, I keep it on me all the time as well (used it to take the picture)

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/w995front1.jpg

I'll probably get a penknife to tinker with things soon enough as well.
Sometimes carry fags or rolling backy, filters and rizla.

sanderella
March 25th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Doggy poo bag, Fishermans Friends (cough sweets), and a paper hankie.;)

Berk
March 25th, 2010, 08:27 PM
To be slightly on topic, just emptied my pockets to find*:
Blackberry, tissues, £1.28, chewing gum, throat sweets, tissues, wallet and keys attached to chains.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/429/p3250076.th.jpg (http://img185.imageshack.us/i/p3250076.jpg/)

*I say find, I knew they were there, it's not like I emptied my pockets and went "Holy cow batman, where'd those keys come from?". ;)

steveneddy
March 25th, 2010, 09:00 PM
I wanna play!!

Shibblet
March 25th, 2010, 09:15 PM
I was trying to think of the nerdiest thing possible that could be in your pocket...

Top 10 things in your pocket that make you a nerd.

10. Used up Punch Card to local Cyber Cafe dated yesterday.
9. Ticket to Star Wars Film Festival.
8. Mod'd Blackberry
7. A Keychain with a fob shaped like the "Star Trek" Symbol.
6. A d20
5. Pre-Paid gamer card for WoW.
4. Chuck-E-Cheese tokens.
3. Digital camera with NO pictures of girls on it.
2. Two d10's
1. Expired Condom dated April 1992.

Groucho Marxist
March 25th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Nerdy enough to have customized my Ubuntu Laptop into the Bat Computer; furthermore, I'm wearing an Ubuntu t-shirt :D

doas777
March 25th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I was trying to think of the nerdiest thing possible that could be in your pocket...

Top 10 things in your pocket that make you a nerd.

10. Used up Punch Card to local Cyber Cafe dated yesterday.
9. Ticket to Star Wars Film Festival.
8. Mod'd Blackberry
7. A Keychain with a fob shaped like the "Star Trek" Symbol.
6. A d20
5. Pre-Paid gamer card for WoW.
4. Chuck-E-Cheese tokens.
3. Digital camera with NO pictures of girls on it.
2. Two d10's
1. Expired Condom dated April 1992.

wow, I have at least 2 of those!

mamamia88
March 25th, 2010, 10:58 PM
what is up with everyone carying knifes?

doas777
March 25th, 2010, 11:31 PM
was wondering the same thing. in all fairness though, i noticed the poster with 3 of them appears to be from texas.

rottentree
March 25th, 2010, 11:42 PM
was wondering the same thing. in all fairness though, i noticed the poster with 3 of them appears to be from texas.

I don't think knives are too effective against guns :P

doas777
March 25th, 2010, 11:53 PM
yep, snakeman21 has the tactical advantage, but i see from his avatar, that steveneddie's sasquachian muscles grant him/her the power of many men. my guess is that it would be a pitched battle, worthy of any Michael Bay explosion sequence.

Austin25
March 25th, 2010, 11:53 PM
said Indiana Jones
Here's mine plus a Samsung Flight to take picture.
(The DS is home-brewed: geek points if you know what that is)

blur xc
March 25th, 2010, 11:59 PM

A knife is just a tool a very useful one. I use mine every day- and not for fighting. It's just that tactical folders look so cool, and one handed opening is very useful. As a teen and young adult, I carried a butterfly knife (which was also a fun pass time), but the tactical folder is legal and more practical.

BM

mamamia88
March 26th, 2010, 12:26 AM
A knife is just a tool a very useful one. I use mine every day- and not for fighting. It's just that tactical folders look so cool, and one handed opening is very useful. As a teen and young adult, I carried a butterfly knife (which was also a fun pass time), but the tactical folder is legal and more practical.

BM
cool i just ordered a swiss army knife so that i could have a knife/bottle opener/screw driver on hand at all times

steveneddy
March 26th, 2010, 01:00 AM

I am from Texas, AAMOF.

The small silver knife is super sharp and used for an emergency situation, like cutting off seat belts or performing an emergency tracheotomy.

The small, slim black knife is my regular carry knife that I use daily for cutting all kinds of things.

The larger black knife is for self defense.

They are all very sharp. If one gets used, I sharpen it back up that night. I have carried knives my whole life. They are great tools and if you need something cut or trimmed, nothing beats a knife.

I have over 30 different knives. Some for hunting, some for fishing, some just because they look cool and others for various situations.

Although I own switch blade and balisong style knives, I never carry them in public due to the fact that they are illegal.

I also carry a pistol. It's a 40 S&W Springfield Armory XD40. Just got new 12 round clips and a new leather holster. But since I don't carry a pistol in my pocket I didn't take a picture of it.

snakeman21
March 26th, 2010, 01:08 AM
I am from Texas, AAMOF.

The small silver knife is super sharp and used for an emergency situation, like cutting off seat belts or performing an emergency tracheotomy.

The small, slim black knife is my regular carry knife that I use daily for cutting all kinds of things.

The larger black knife is for self defense.

They are all very sharp. If one gets used, I sharpen it back up that night. I have carried knives my whole life. They are great tools and if you need something cut or trimmed, nothing beats a knife.

I have over 30 different knives. Some for hunting, some for fishing, some just because they look cool and others for various situations.

Although I own switch blade and balisong style knives, I never carry them in public due to the fact that they are illegal.

I also carry a pistol. It's a 40 S&W Springfield Armory XD40. Just got new 12 round clips and a new leather holster. But since I don't carry a pistol in my pocket I didn't take a picture of it.

I don't carry mine in my pocket either... good luck fitting a full-sized 1911 in your pocket! But the O.P. said anything on your belt, as well. Carry on, my friend.

steveneddy
March 26th, 2010, 01:22 AM
I don't carry mine in my pocket either... good luck fitting a full-sized 1911 in your pocket! But the O.P. said anything on your belt, as well. Carry on, my friend.

Be careful with that 1911. 45's go thru people. So be responsible and carry a lighter powder load with a heavy grained bullet (so it travels slower but carries a large force) and don't use FMJ rounds. I know you do this already but it doesn't hurt to mention it.

This is why is carry a 40 S&W. Plenty of force without the possibility of going thru and hitting an innocent bystander.

Also, I'm a professional over the road truck driver, so I need this type of protection occasionally when stopping in odd places or bad neighborhoods early in the AM or late at night.

I use 180 grain Federal Hydroshock JHP for maximum froce with maximum fragmentation on impact. Very safe load, unless you are standing in front of it when the handgun discharges.

Shibblet
March 26th, 2010, 01:39 AM
This is why is carry a 40 S&W. Plenty of force without the possibility of going thru and hitting an innocent bystander.

I thought this thread was about how nerdy you were, not how Steven Segal-ish you are.

dragos240
March 26th, 2010, 01:40 AM
I'm getting giddy over a new gfx card, and buying games.

tica vun
March 26th, 2010, 01:42 AM
My arsenal isn't nearly as impressive as some of the people who posted before me, but here it is anyway

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8637/arsenalo.jpg

Shibblet
March 26th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Scientific calculator and an inhaler definitely put you on the nerdy list. :)

steveneddy
March 26th, 2010, 01:46 AM
I thought this thread was about how nerdy you were, not how Steven Segal-ish you are.

Nerds and geeks carry handguns and knives. I was merely commenting on some of the details of that particular tool that I must utilize on occasion.

Would you rather discuss the laptop my pocket devices are sitting on or the cool Ray Ban sunglasses pictured, or how about the software I wrote to help me keep track of expenses versus income while out on the road? I wished i had remembered to put my new bluetooth headset in the pic. It's a Plantronics Voyager pro. Great headset if I do say so myself.

And FYI, Steven Segal is merely an actor, I do this for real, every day.

I also travel with that laptop all across the country. It runs Ubuntu, but sadly won't fit in my pocket.

steveneddy
March 26th, 2010, 01:51 AM
My arsenal isn't nearly as impressive as some of the people who posted before me, but here it is anyway

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8637/arsenalo.jpg

I like pi! (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/wab/pie/)

Pi pi pi pi pi!

Mmmm - pi!

PI! Pi is good!

Brandel Valico
March 26th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Cell Phone (Belt Pouch)
2 Steel ink pens (Multi-functional)
Keys
Wallet
Roughly 4-10 hair ties
Gloves
3 to 4 Knives (All legal) Amount depends on if the pants are Dickies with cell pocket or not)
Carmex
roughly 10 Zip-Ties
small dual head Screwdriver
Lighter

(Don't even ask what I carry in my coat)

this is new york not l.a.
March 26th, 2010, 02:15 AM
A pack of Lucky Strikes
Lighter
Comb
Wallet
Falcon Stiletto knife
Truck/house keys
Chap stick
Ozona President tobacco snuff (yeah the stuff you snort)
loose change
Hooker.... (yeah, if only.)

Shibblet
March 26th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Nerds and geeks carry handguns and knives. I was merely commenting on some of the details of that particular tool that I must utilize on occasion.
Fair enough.

Would you rather discuss the laptop my pocket devices are sitting on or the cool Ray Ban sunglasses pictured, or how about the software I wrote to help me keep track of expenses versus income while out on the road? I wished i had remembered to put my new bluetooth headset in the pic. It's a Plantronics Voyager pro. Great headset if I do say so myself.
All I'm saying is read the OP.

And FYI, Steven Segal is merely an actor, I do this for real, every day.
You shoot people every day?

Even Steven Segal doesn't do that! And according to the show "Lawman" he's not just an actor anymore. I don't know if that's real or put on, but still funny.

I also travel with that laptop all across the country. It runs Ubuntu, but sadly won't fit in my pocket.
Nope, mine doesn't either. Kind of like that .45 THAT DOESN'T FIT IN A POCKET. LOL.

kerry_s
March 26th, 2010, 04:06 AM
are you guy's serious, am i the only 1 that doesn't like keeping things in there pockets & carrys a bag instead? i'll use everything from a fanny pack slung on the shoulder to a rolling briefcase. ;)

Phrea
March 26th, 2010, 04:22 AM
Come to think of it...
My signature tells you how nerdy/geeky I am. :P [not very, to be honest]

mamamia88
March 26th, 2010, 04:29 AM
are you guy's serious, am i the only 1 that doesn't like keeping things in there pockets & carrys a bag instead? i'll use everything from a fanny pack slung on the shoulder to a rolling briefcase. ;)

um why carry a bag if you can fit everything in your pockets? save yourself some back pain . only time i carry a bag is when going on vacation

lisati
March 26th, 2010, 05:15 AM
In pockets: wallet in one, hanky and keys in the other, sometimes smokes and a lighter.
On belt: Phone.
Sometimes carried (in a camcorder bag): a stills camera with rechargable batteries, USB cable for camera, battery charger, a number of non-rechargable AA & AAA batteries, a cheap $2 imitation of a Swiss army knife, a "pocket" KJV New Testament, possibly a couple of pens and small pad.
Sometimes around neck: Ubuntu lanyard sporting an MP3 player and a small light. Budget headphones to replace ear-plugs that came with MP3 player and that fall out at inopportune moments.

blueshiftoverwatch
March 26th, 2010, 05:48 AM
The flash drive is 16GB, the cell phone an LG Chocolate 3, and the handheld a GP2X Wiz.

kerry_s
March 26th, 2010, 06:02 AM
um why carry a bag if you can fit everything in your pockets? save yourself some back pain . only time i carry a bag is when going on vacation

my junk don't fit in my pockets. :lolflag:
i'm the "fix it/go to" guy i practically carry a toolbox full time. sad i know. ;)

Crafty Kisses
March 26th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Breath mints.

pmlxuser
March 26th, 2010, 10:38 AM
1 samsang mobile SGH -M620
2 nokia 1200

wallet and sometimes keys in small back pack i carry to work.

WannabeFantasma
March 26th, 2010, 11:00 AM
When I'm out
In my RIGHT "knee" pocket : Wallet (in it: House key, sometimes USB)
In my LEFT Hip pocket : Mostly Zen Vision M (MP3)

At home: Nothing

While driving car: Nothing (throw wallet on passenger seat)

snakeman21
March 26th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Be careful with that 1911. 45's go thru people. So be responsible and carry a lighter powder load with a heavy grained bullet (so it travels slower but carries a large force) and don't use FMJ rounds. I know you do this already but it doesn't hurt to mention it.

Also, I'm a professional over the road truck driver, so I need this type of protection occasionally when stopping in odd places or bad neighborhoods early in the AM or late at night.

I use 180 grain Federal Hydroshock JHP for maximum froce with maximum fragmentation on impact. Very safe load, unless you are standing in front of it when the handgun discharges.

I use 230 gr. speer gold dots. Great expansion, lowering the chances of over penetration.

macogw
March 26th, 2010, 08:37 PM
I have neither pockets nor belt on my skirt. :(

However, my erm... I refuse to call it a purse... my bag... usually contains:
- keys
- wallet
- gloves
- book
- camera
- laptop
- ogg player (Cowon D2)
- gorilla pod (awesome tripod for camera)
- Wacom tablet
- USB cable
- ethernet cable
- paper & notebooks

eriktheblu
March 26th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Never underestimate the knife. Look up the 21 foot rule.

45's go thru people. So be responsible and carry a lighter powder load with a heavy grained bullet (so it travels slower but carries a large force) and don't use FMJ rounds.
Have to disagree with you on some points. An underpowered load increases the risk of the weapon not cycling. The 1911 was designed FMJ, and many hollow point designs will not feed properly in some models. Something like the Powerball or EFMJ might be better suited.

Always remember rule # 4 (backstop) regardless of caliber.

gun nerds FTW?

cdude42
March 26th, 2010, 11:04 PM
keys
wallet
psp go
ipod touch
headphones
knife

CoffeeCoder
March 26th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Cell phone, wallet...er, that's it, except for the rare occasion I put my Sony MP3 Player in there.

qalimas
March 27th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Too lazy to pic it, but my list of things ALWAYS on me:

Keys
HTC Mogul
Pocket Knife
Wallet
Pen
2 16GB Thumbdrives
1 GB Thumbdrive
Marlboro 27's
Lighter

red_Marvin
March 27th, 2010, 01:09 AM
My pockets were almost empty, so I'll go into details instead to make my list more impressive :p

keyring with

karabiner
student corridor rfid tag
bottle opener
student corridor room key
parents' house key
bike key
students' electronic club safe key

2GB thumbdrive with

arch linux image (old)
comics/sketches (backup)
avr realtime kernel (made for a university course)

512MB thumbdrive with

student corridor party photos
logo competition entry (did not win)
reports and documents for some university courses

10 SEK coin
cough drop wrapper
small wood cylider containing a partially broken 0.8mm PCB drill bit
student keycard
folded A4 paper with map to the meeting for the carnival circus sound/light technicians group

Keith1212
March 27th, 2010, 01:35 AM
said Indiana Jones
Here's mine plus a Samsung Flight to take picture.
(The DS is home-brewed: geek points if you know what that is)
haha nice so was the psp i posted in my pic. Notice the pandora battery for putting it in service mode.

Keith1212
March 27th, 2010, 01:38 AM
I have neither pockets nor belt on my skirt. :(

However, my erm... I refuse to call it a purse... my bag... usually contains:
- keys
- wallet
- gloves
- book
- camera
- laptop
- ogg player (Cowon D2)
- gorilla pod (awesome tripod for camera)
- Wacom tablet
- USB cable
- ethernet cable
- paper & notebooks
wow i wish my wife had all that. or even knew what half of it is for that matter! +1!

snakeman21
March 27th, 2010, 03:35 AM
never underestimate the knife. Look up the 21 foot rule.

Have to disagree with you on some points. An underpowered load increases the risk of the weapon not cycling. The 1911 was designed fmj, and many hollow point designs will not feed properly in some models. Something like the powerball or efmj might be better suited.

Gun nerds ftw?

ftw!!!

macogw
March 27th, 2010, 04:39 AM
wow i wish my wife had all that. or even knew what half of it is for that matter! +1!

Out of the 12 items I listed, I suspect your wife would know the following 7 at least: keys, wallet, book, gloves, camera, laptop, paper/notebooks ... Or perhaps she only know the 5 techie ones? ;-)

steveneddy
March 27th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Never underestimate the knife. Look up the 21 foot rule.

Have to disagree with you on some points. An underpowered load increases the risk of the weapon not cycling. The 1911 was designed FMJ, and many hollow point designs will not feed properly in some models. Something like the Powerball or EFMJ might be better suited.

gun nerds FTW?

Not trying to hijack the thread, but....

The loads offered by major ammo manufacturers shouldn't cause cycling issues. If that IS an issue with your handgun, possible frequent cleanings and refitting by a professional gunsmith may be in order. I have fired close to 500 rounds of this ammo through the same pistol and have not had any cycling issues.

The Federal loads I currently use were recommended by the local P.D. and have been told that many of the Peace Officers all over the county I reside in prefer this exact spec-ed load for professional use.

I use the slightly lighter load and a lower caliber to decrease collateral damage and if you look at the specs, is still very powerful in close quarters.

It's hard to talk about guns on these forums without some of the others getting squeamish about the entire subject.

I chose not to post about guns on UF anymore, but feel free to send me an IM about some other gun forums.

magmon
March 27th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Hmmm... As far as pocket items, I carry two pens, three pencils, a trigger action pocket knife when possible, a nail clipper, a house key, my school ID, my LG dare (good condition, bad phone), and my wallet. However, I feel the need to mention that I'm starting college next year, which should have been my junior year in high school. That beats the hell out of my pocket contents.

sxmaxchine
March 27th, 2010, 05:52 AM
i carry my wallet, phone, usb and sometimes a pen

cdude42
March 29th, 2010, 05:48 AM
haha nice so was the psp i posted in my pic. Notice the pandora battery for putting it in service mode.

they had better get homebrew for pspgo real soon or im gonna be pissed

TBerk
April 24th, 2010, 08:05 AM
At this very moment I have tape holding my glasses together.

Hows dat?

berk

Frogs Hair
April 24th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I carry a pocket knife , far from the pinnacle of Geekdom or Nerdisum .

Old_Grey_Wolf
April 24th, 2010, 10:03 PM
What is so surprising about nerds and pocket knives?

Pocket knives are useful for opening the packages that computer equipment ships in. Where I work, we receive shipments of computer equipment every day. If you have a good pocket knife, like a Schrade, it will open those boxes quite efficiently. It is in your pocket; therefore, no need to search for the box cutter.

I've carried a pocket knife for 50 years. I gave all my children pocket knives, including my daughters.

The only time anyone ever questioned me for carrying a pocket knife was when I went through costumes at Heathrow airport about 10 years ago. I wouldn't attempt to carry one on a plane these days though.

aldld
April 24th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Not much, just some cheap cellphone, my keys and a bus pass.

I don't even have a wallet, I just bring a few bills/coins in my pocket if needed.

tica vun
April 24th, 2010, 11:07 PM
I got kicked out of a library for "hacking".

I was using a web-based ssh client.

caro
April 25th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Too lazy to take a pic...

Everyday:
- keys
- wallet
- cell phone (Blackberry)

At work, add:
- work cell phone (a different Blackberry)
- Montblanc pen

Optional:
- Sig Sauer P239 9mm
- Benchmade Griptilian

joeoshawa
April 25th, 2010, 01:36 AM
keys and money ... when i have some.

standingwave
April 25th, 2010, 02:47 AM
What is so surprising about nerds and pocket knives?It separates us from the animals. It's the most basic tool I can think of and without tools, we're not much more than monkeys with car keys.

babybean
April 25th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Now that I think about it, the contents of my normal school pocket probably place more nerdy than most folk there :oops:.
There is the ipod, phone, wallet and locker key as usual
Then I have 2 memory sticks, one tiny one with ICT coursework etc on it and a bigger one with 10.04 on it. I also have a 4gb spy pen usb thingy that is never charged, and an ubuntu pen. Then there is the 2 masterkeys for all the schools lockers (bought from the internet.)

I think I should maybe clear my pockets out a bit :(

Cam42
April 25th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Regularly in pockets:
LG enV2 (soon to be replaced by a Palm Pre Plus)
Wallet
Flash drive(s)
Sansa clip
at least one pen
various papers.

On belt loop:
flashlight clip thing, with key attached

Around neck:
Skullcandy Lowrider headphones, plugged into Sansa clip.

mmalone21
April 25th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Ti-89, hp 35s, palm pre, ink-pen, Moleskin notepad, 26 keys (lots of locks), receipts, and George kastansa wallet.

brian183
April 25th, 2010, 04:17 AM
keys
knife
bottle opener
led flash light
usb drive
wallet
IEMs
psp
iphone

Jpenguin
April 25th, 2010, 07:46 PM
My life is in my laptop bag, all I have in my pocket is

Duct-tape wallet (http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/5f21/)
256MB flash drive

I don't carry more flash memory because, if I have Internet access- I just SFTP everything home

In my bag, I carry-

SD cards
MMC cards
bluetooth mouse
2 USB cables
2 USB Extentions
FW500 Cable
Cat5e patch cable
4+ AA NiMH batteries
Digital Voice Recorder
iPod touch
EARBUDS

and in highschool, I usually carried-
a 20GB USB2/FW400 HDD
USB2 Floppy drive
2MP Digital Cam
WebCam (LowResolution, USB)

a.walker
April 25th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Let's put it this way. I was installing the 10.04 RC while watching old episodes of Babylon 5 on hulu on a Saturday night.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3069/4551372795_fd9b53e85a_o.jpg

MooPi
April 25th, 2010, 08:19 PM
My boring stuff: phone in case buddies call about golf plans
pocket knife, I always carry it
ear plugs, was cutting grass earlier
floss, don't know why
old bandaid, huh
car keys, need to move car while cutting grass
dollar coin ?
Crucial Gizmo for working on mom's computer later
golf tee, pocket trash
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5209151/screenshots/105_0033.JPG

Old_Grey_Wolf
April 25th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I don't feel like taking a picture.

In Pockets:
leather wallet
pocket knife (Schrade, carbon steel, Old Timer)
coins (various)
keys (house, desk, gun cabinet, car key, and remote car key fob)
metal tube pill holder (old people take a lot of medications)
comb
fingernail clippers (my fingernails and hair grow very fast, some women are jealous :))
pin & mechanical pencil
spiral notepad (can't remember names, shopping lists, etc.)
cell phone

On Lanyard:
secure ID fob (for secure VPN to computers at work)
USB thumb drives (OSes, BackTrack, etc.)
badge (for access to data centers, etc.)

mmalone21
April 26th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Let's put it this way. I was installing the 10.04 RC while watching old episodes of Babylon 5 on hulu on a Saturday night.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3069/4551372795_fd9b53e85a_o.jpg
Sounds similar to my Saturday night.

ankspo71
April 26th, 2010, 09:25 PM
A wallet, tic-tacs, rolaids, Bic lighter, rolled cigarettes in a plastic case, and an asthma inhaler lol. (inner coat pocket)

wpLOL
April 26th, 2010, 09:50 PM
The only electronic device I use regularly is my computer :)

forrestcupp
April 26th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Here are the contents of my pocket:

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/bluetooth_startrek.jpg
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/056347789X.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

djyoung4
April 26th, 2010, 11:10 PM
in pockets:
nokia n900 that has my life on it
wallet
keys with 2 4gb flash drives. one has various recovery tools and knoppix on it. the other has crunchbang 9.04
leatherman Charge TTi on 550 paracord lanyard attached to my 550 paracord belt
in my backpack which I always have:
hp dv4t with ubuntu 9.10
various microusb and usb cables
logitech nano mouse
vmode earbuds
bose headphones
homemade mini survival kit in an altoids can
more flash drives
ti89 calculator
camelback 100oz bladder always filled
a/v cable that came with my n900

NCLI
April 27th, 2010, 04:21 PM
My pockets:
A knife
My various plastic cards in an aluminum shell
Some pocket change
A pocketable 3G WiFi-router
Nexus One
Keys
Sennheiser IE8 headphones
COWON S9 (Not in the picture because it's charging)
Some monosaccharide-tablets for my low blood sugar(I forget to eat sometimes...
http://i39.tinypic.com/2rqipag.jpg