PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on what to do when Gmail inbox quote is full

shuttleworthwannabe
March 24th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Hi there, I am running out of space in my gmail mailbox --yes, the 7.4xxGB is quickly running out). I use my emails mainly for business use. I have a separate email account for personal use.

Without actually paying for more space, what do I do to when I run out of space in a few weeks?

1. I want to keep mail on the web
2. I want to keep my email address, and not open a new account with Gmail
3. Can I move it to another account (either on gmail or something like Windows Live (unlimited)? if so how?

Many thanks
S

Tristam Green
March 24th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Pay for more space...

_h_
March 24th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Pay for more space...

Yea...

Without actually paying for more space

Khakilang
March 24th, 2010, 03:04 PM
If your business is that important to you. Take it as an investment and pay for it

rich97
March 24th, 2010, 03:07 PM
If your business is that important to you. Take it as an investment and pay for it

True dat.

I'm pretty sure if you have used 7.4gb then you can afford to download some of the older stuff to your hard drive using Thunderbird or another client capable exporting in mbox format.
:popcorn:

tgalati4
March 24th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Search google for zero inbox.

Housecleaning: www.43folders.com

Archive your mail and burn to dvd.

Pay for more space.

Tristam Green
March 24th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Yea...

Sorry, there's being frugal, there's saving money, and there's being unintelligent with your business data. The OP seems like he's doing #3.

^-- This person has the correct answer, in full. No others should be accepted.

cpmman
March 24th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Open another gmail account
Set a filter on your existing account via settings/forwarding to forward to your new account and delete from existing
All new emails will be forwarded to your new account but you will still be able to access existing emails on your old account
Clients non the wiser

Tristam Green
March 24th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Open another gmail account
Set a filter on your existing account via settings/forwarding to forward to your new account and delete from existing
All new emails will be forwarded to your new account but you will still be able to access existing emails on your old account
Clients non the wiser

until the day he forgets which account he's in and clicks "reply" on the dummy account.

sinhanikhil.5
March 24th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Hi there, I am running out of space in my gmail mailbox --yes, the 7.4xxGB is quickly running out). I use my emails mainly for business use. I have a separate email account for personal use.

Without actually paying for more space, what do I do to when I run out of space in a few weeks?

1. I want to keep mail on the web
2. I want to keep my email address, and not open a new account with Gmail
3. Can I move it to another account (either on gmail or something like Windows Live (unlimited)? if so how?

Many thanks
S
Unsubscribe all those junk and unwanted mails, use it only for ur business contacts, Move ur old emails to thumb drive and carry along with u.
If the only thing u want is more space then pay for it , gmail cant give u everything for free they need to run there business too.:)

scouser73
March 24th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Install an email client like Thunderbird, download your emails to the pc & then delete the emails from your gmail account thus freeing up valuable space without paying for extra space.

whiskeylover
March 24th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Pay for a custom domain. There is nothing that bugs people more than a business with an email address like "Mikescustompaintjob2010@aol.com".

Some people don't care, but some get turned off and go to a different contractor when they see something like that.

A custom domain name and minimal hosting - $20/year.
Unlimited email using POP3 - $0
A professional image - priceless.

rudihawk
March 24th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Pay for a custom domain. There is nothing that bugs people more than a business with an email address like "Mikescustompaintjob2010@aol.com".

Some people don't care, but some get turned off and go to a different contractor when they see something like that.

+1

I totally agree. If a company uses some other free web mail service I really don't think much of them.

MasterNetra
March 24th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Create another gmail account and connect it with your main account and use it store your saved messages.

You can connect them via Settings>Check Mail using pop3>Add POP3 email account (button)

After its added you can then move emails to and from the account while on your main account. No logging off or email sending it.

Tristam Green
March 24th, 2010, 06:14 PM

Additionally, if Google is your weapon of choice, hosting by Google starts at $10/year.

CJ Master
March 24th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Heliohost is a amazing (and free) web host, and you can grab a free .co.cc domain at .co.cc.

I set up over 5 redirects so far. If I start recieving spam from one I cut it off and tell everyone to email to another one.

koleoptero
March 24th, 2010, 11:00 PM
delete some mail. I bet there're lots of mailed videos and useless ppts in there.

sinhanikhil.5
March 26th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Or can't we have a like .pst(MS Outlook) file for personal storage on the hard drive.

/