PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Mouse (and possibly keyboard) not working after installing ubuntu through wubi

Burillo
March 24th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I understand that this is a very tricky question and a very tricky situation, but maybe someone has had similar experience.

A friend of mine installed kubuntu on her machine via wubi (it was her incentive, so i don't know the exact details but IIRC it's a straightforward process and one can't go wrong with it). Ubuntu was not able to boot, so she rebooted back to Windows again. Then things get interesting.

The main problem is i don't have a physical access to the machine, and i don't have anyone who i know who can help there, so i rely on her words. What she is saying is that after rebooting back to Windows the mouse did not work. I mean the cursor moved but she could not click anything. I don't know if the keyboard working (she didn't even know that one can use Windows without mouse so she didn't try, the only contact with me right now is her work computer), but i am preparing myself to that.

Don't be confused - the mouse and keyboard are not working IN WINDOWS. Kubuntu is not bootable (so right now she has an unbootable OS and an OS where mouse does not work).

Right now i told her to boot to safe mode (when she gets home) and see if the mouse/keyboard works and remove Wubi install. Anyone got any ideas of why this is happening? I mean - wubi is not supposed to change something in the system apart from boot entries, right?

EDIT: oh, and the install was done using the CD emulator (turns out she has UltraIso installed).