PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Weather Conditions

boondocks
March 24th, 2010, 04:39 AM
On the 9.10 desktop, how do configure the Weather settings such that:

It shows the forecast for the next several days.
Including an icon for each day. Sunny, Cloudy, Rainy, Snowy, etc.

byStanderone
March 24th, 2010, 06:51 AM
...u'd have to install :
http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/kde/plasma-widget-weatherforecast

Giant Speck
March 24th, 2010, 09:13 AM
...u'd have to install :
http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/kde/plasma-widget-weatherforecast

The OP didn't specify whether they were using KDE or GNOME. If they are indeed using GNOME (which I assume is true because the thread is marked "ubuntu" and not "kubuntu"), then that isn't going to help them.

byStanderone
March 24th, 2010, 10:00 AM
...oops, you are correct, and that app is kde dependent, thanks

boondocks
March 24th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Sorry, I did not specify. I am using GNOME.

byStanderone
March 24th, 2010, 12:41 PM
...all it shows is the ambient temperature and wind speed for the day, not the one you're looking for, i'd say.

byStanderone
March 24th, 2010, 02:02 PM
...and the weird thing is, can't remove it from the panel, even after uninstalling plasma-widget-weatherforecast...haha

XubuRoxMySox
March 24th, 2010, 09:18 PM
It sounds like you could use Conky! It displays all kindsa stuff - as much or as little as you like. Just a few minutes of Googling will tell you what you need to know, and there are lots of screenshots accompanied by code that you copy and paste into your Conky configuration file.

-Robin

byStanderone
March 25th, 2010, 02:32 AM
...finally got the weather icon out of the panel, just not there when i bootup this morning...haha, and also gone is my internet connection! a BUG!
...would return to it later, currently using another install.

byStanderone
March 25th, 2010, 03:27 AM
...now it has internet connection, and also the weather icon had returned to its place in the panel...had done nothing but to boot in this install of karmic...haha, a puzzle. experienced some kind of denial of service on my first boot this morning...any idea?