PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia, is there any more zombies here besides me?

sapo
March 13th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Its 3:15AM and i have to work at 7:00AM and i cant sleep :evil:

Tomorrow i ll be like a zombie at my work, suffering with headaches, my eyes burning and a very bad and scary mood :evil:

Anyone here suffers with the same "weekend" syndrome?

eriefisher
March 13th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Well it's 1:15 am here at work. I did not sleep yesterday and won't be able to sleep until about 9:00 tonight.

Does this make you feel better.

eriefisher

jason.b.c
March 13th, 2006, 07:21 AM

Tomorrow i ll be like a zombie at my work, suffering with headaches, my eyes burning and a very bad and scary mood :evil:

I hear ya, i'm the same way, it sucks don't it?

sapo
March 13th, 2006, 07:23 AM
I m feeling better now that i know that i m not alone :mrgreen:

Maybe i should open up my vim and start coding one thing that i have in mind...

mstlyevil
March 13th, 2006, 07:24 AM
I do it everyday. Sleep is such a waste of my time. I have this philosophy that I will sleep when I am dead. (That will probally sooner than later since I never get enough sleep.)

byen
March 13th, 2006, 07:30 AM
I do it everyday. Sleep is such a waste of my time
That is my way at looking at it too (sorta) Its 1.30am and I think I have about 3 hours left in me before I call it a day! I have a class at 8am and frankly I dont mind this at all. But sometimes..just sometimes..I wish I could just fall asleep that easy! Oh well.. I guess its time to pop that Vector CD and DIVE DIVE DIVE!

PS- glad to know Im not alone!

sapo
March 13th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Hehe now i already opened my gvim and my glade, and i think that before going to work i ll have something working here :)

Hope i can find some zombies @ #python to help me out if i need :mrgreen:

byen
March 13th, 2006, 07:36 AM
I think we need to start a group and ask the admin to give us a special title..something in the lines of
"Ubuntu Insomiac!" :D

sapo
March 13th, 2006, 07:47 AM
I think we need to start a group and ask the admin to give us a special title..something in the lines of
"Ubuntu Insomiac!" :D
wow.. loved this idea :mrgreen:

darkmaze
March 13th, 2006, 08:06 AM
no wonder the coffee industry is booming. no one sleeps:D

sapo
March 13th, 2006, 08:08 AM
no wonder the coffee industry is booming. no one sleeps:D
yep, and talking about coffe, my coffe stuff changed.. i had 4 cups and one bean today.. now it is messed up... wth? O_o

byen
March 13th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Whoa....sapo..what is it 4.15 now? I was just gonna type this a couple of minutes ago and saw that you were logged out (atleast your icon showed so) but looks like your back! LOL... and the mere talk of coffee might have serious effects at this point of time :D

sapo
March 13th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Whoa....sapo..what is it 4.15 now? I was just gonna type this a couple of minutes ago and saw that you were logged out (atleast your icon showed so) but looks like your back! LOL... and the mere talk of coffee might have serious effects at this point of time :D
4:20AM now :( and i m stuck with a problem in my app, this isnt working:

def list(self):
tree = self.principal.get_widget("list")
self.list = gtk.ListStore(bool,str)
self.options = [1,"programa1"]

renderer1 = gtk.CellRendererToggle()
renderer1.set_property('activatable', True)
renderer1.connect( 'toggled', self.selection, self.list)
tree.insert_column_with_attributes(0, "Select",renderer1)

renderer2 = gtk.CellRendererText()
tree.insert_column_with_attributes(1,"Install",renderer2, text=1)
self.list.append(self.options)
tree.set_model(self.list)

def selection( self, cell, path, model ):
model[path][0] = not model[path][0]
print "Toggle '%s' to: %s" % (model[path][0], model[path][0],)
return

I m making a toggle button, but it refuses to work :(

darkmatter
March 13th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Zombie??? More like vampire ;)

Why do you think I'm not seen during the day's?.... It's called sleepin'

It's a bad habit I picked up from long night's of studying/hacking back in the early 90's when I should have been sleeping... it kinda stuck :rolleyes:

clemcat
March 13th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Sleeping is a waste of my time that I could otherwise spend being productive, or is that gamin and mesing around in the forums. I think I may have to take a look at this issue, sleep or hone my geek/gamer skills.:-k

sapo
March 13th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Sleeping is a waste of my time that I could otherwise spend being productive, or is that gamin and mesing around in the forums. I think I may have to take a look at this issue, sleep or hone my geek/gamer skills.:-k
My main problem about not sleeping is my eyes that hurt like hell.. it seens that somebody put peppers, sand and set fire on my eyes omg!

But i m still here.. fooling my boss that thinks that i m working :mrgreen:

WelterPelter
March 13th, 2006, 05:53 PM
I tried to go to bed at 11:30, then got back up and coded until almost 3:00 :D

chimera
March 13th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I tend to sleep about 8 hours a weekend (no sleep friday on friday-saturday, brief day-naps throughout saturday and sunday, no sleep on sunday-monday night). It sucks when you have to get up (from the computer table, not the bed) at 6 in the morning on monday and you're like "omg, it's that late already?"

majikstreet
March 13th, 2006, 10:18 PM
I am an insomniac occasionally.. mostly on the weekends.. one time during the summer I went to bed at like eleven and didn't go to sleep until six.. but I read most of that time. Also, I don't do anything when I'm awake.. sometimes read, but mostly just try to go to sleep.. I don't drink coffee as I am 12.. But I do drink soda. I notice that from some restauraunts the soda makes me stay awake longer - probably just more syrup in the drink.

rado_london
March 14th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Same problem here. At least I travel every day with train and I sleep there. But onece I landed in Kent instead of London and it was funny.

clemcat
March 14th, 2006, 05:56 PM
On average I sleep from 1AM until 5 AM and that is it, I have one word for the eyes burning, VISINE, sometimes I think that is all that keeps me from scratching my eyeballs out of my frickin skull.

And by the way, I can see the humor in waking up in Kent. As an American I can not relate, but somehow I think that the idea behind waking up in Trent would be a good premise for the begining of a movie.......hmmm, I got dibs on that idea.

Bandit
March 14th, 2006, 06:24 PM

That is like me everyday bro.. I just keep telling my boss its my alergies..

Zodiac
March 14th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Get more exercise, then you'll sleep.

Take up cycling... trust me.

sapo
March 20th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Another Sunday, and again here i am, 4:00AM and i cant sleep :(

damit!

WelterPelter
March 20th, 2006, 08:27 AM
God is telling you to CODE. :twisted:

galgoz
March 20th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Sleep sucks, but didn't know that made me a zombie!

sapo
March 20th, 2006, 10:10 AM
God is telling you to CODE. :twisted:
Not today lol.. i will have to code all day long.. and i m too lazy for it, btw soon i ll be at work, coding a lot :p