PDA

View Full Version : power of Ubuntu

nischalinn
March 23rd, 2010, 06:03 PM
How can the students of Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering benefit from Ubuntu? Give your Opinions

linden940
March 23rd, 2010, 06:17 PM
there are alot of free software that you can ezly download from the ubuntu software center that is for Engineers in electrical mechanical that will help anyone learning and or make something that can then be used to make an item..there are alot of "tools" that Linux has over windows THAT are free...

so from what i am getting from what your asking

windows = has great tools with good gui for working/building but cost alot

mac = dont know...i hate macs and cant talk for them

Linux / ubuntu = has alot of tools that can ezly be used that are FREE with a huge data base of other users who can help you along the way to do what needs to be done. Updates are free and you wont have to may for a new ver unlike widnows.

dosox
March 23rd, 2010, 06:19 PM
How can the students of Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering benefit from Ubuntu? Give your Opinions

I don't know much about Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering because I'm not into engineering field & not even Ubuntu. ;) so I have no idea about it but as an average person.. I saved few thousand bucks [INR] using Ubuntu. :D

I'm sure there's more benefit to engineering & mechanical students... more than what I expect. :popcorn:

God bless Ubuntu