PDA

View Full Version : Android-art.org launched

bwhite82
March 23rd, 2010, 12:13 AM
If you're a fan of the *-look.org or *-art.org theming sites (as I am) you'll be pleased to know that this is now available for your perusal. Please note, because it is just launched, content is lacking. Get there and get uploading!

I suggested the idea to the OpenDesktop community after seeing a weather widget for sale on the marketplace. I was disheartened by this, as I believe something as simple as a widget should be readily available for free en masse. Not that I have anything wrong with wanting to make a buck or two for your work, but by providing content like this for free spurs innovation and competition. After all, the Android OS is FOSS and this site continues in that spirit.

Frank over at OpenDesktop has graciously offered me an administrator position for the site so wish me luck!

hansdown
March 23rd, 2010, 01:47 AM
Thanks Soldierboy.

Good luck with the new job.:)

madjr
March 23rd, 2010, 01:54 AM
oh this will be cool

http://android-art.org/

joey-elijah
March 23rd, 2010, 03:01 AM
Awesome addition to the -look.org roster! Makes me want an Android phone even more >.<

And congrats on getting the admin duties!

chucky chuckaluck
March 23rd, 2010, 04:08 AM
i really don't get the "should be free" mentality. why should someone do something for you for nothing? or, why do you think you're entitled to someone else's stuff/work?