PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Linux Manga

Shining Arcanine
March 22nd, 2010, 12:07 AM
Has anyone seen the following Ubuntu Linux Manga?

http://divajutta.com/doctormo/ubunchu/

I got a kick out of the page in chapter one where they install Ubuntu and the local Linux guru cries out "We must $wget, make, make install!".

undecim
March 22nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
I know why the Mac girl wants to install Ubuntu.

Because Ubuntu is turning into Mac.

Shining Arcanine
March 23rd, 2010, 01:34 AM
It is very Mac-like in its GUI design. All it needs is the Mac OS X dock and it will to Mac OS X what FreeBSD is to BSD.

undecim
March 23rd, 2010, 01:42 AM
I wonder how many releases until awn or cairo-dock is installed by default?

I give it until 11.10.

Psumi
March 23rd, 2010, 07:38 AM
I wonder how many releases until awn or cairo-dock is installed by default?

I give it until 11.10.

docky will be used instead as it looks and feels more like GNOME Shell. However, there is a problem with that: https://answers.launchpad.net/do/+question/72120

Only a few applications cannot be accessed by GNOME Shell's "Search" feature when typing in applications. This includes Ubuntu Software Center sadly, but these applications CAN be accessed by GNOME Menu (Which both Cairo Dock and AWN have.)

NightwishFan
March 23rd, 2010, 09:08 AM
I hope they take the good stuff from the Mac (whatever that is) and incorporate it. It will be better for everyone then, as long as they do not step on anyone's toes.

As for the Manga, I like the artwork. I hope the story evolves into something really funny.

Hetor
March 23rd, 2010, 11:12 AM

I lol'd because it's so true.

tica vun
March 23rd, 2010, 11:15 AM

I don't mind that, in fact wouldn't it be great to have a Mac-OS looking OS that isn't locked down like OSX? Besides, you can make ubuntu look just about whatever you like.