PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to install windows for dual boot purposes from ubuntu, not vice-versa?

tegnoto89
March 21st, 2010, 10:56 PM
I've gone through countless music notation programs, and while MuseScore comes sort of close, nothing is as good as Finale and Sibelius, so I've decided I really need to start dual booting. I'm using Ubuntu netbook remix, and I don't have a cd drive; would I be able to do it via usb stick, if at all?

fremantle
March 21st, 2010, 11:00 PM
would I be able to do it via usb stick, if at all?good luck with that, i tried for like almost a month to get xp to boot on a usb stick, but never succeeded. tried almost every usb startup disk creator out there but none worked. i think usb booting is only available for linux distros.

Why dont u use wine to run that program?? if its a production software like flstudio, u need to do some audio codec/driver stuffs.

tegnoto89
March 21st, 2010, 11:11 PM
I tried running Finale Notepad and Sibelius 6 under wine, and I couldn't get either to work (Sibelius wouldn't even install and Finale Notepad kept crashing right after startup). I guess I could tinker with them a bit more..