PDA

View Full Version : YAY... Presentation

WannabeFantasma
March 21st, 2010, 01:52 PM
Hi all!

Tuesday my teacher said that some presentations for our nature organizations weren't good (some even didn't wanted to do them) so that we have to do more presentations ....
She than did a presentation herself (a teacher doing a presentation?)

After she finished she told us "Well now you have to make a presentation yourself and the subject you may choose yourself"

Since we had to write the subject that hour and since I didn't have inspiration , I choose Ubuntu!(I kinda wanted to do it though, would be cool!) My teacher was like "What's that?" I said "You'll have to wait and see" so now she's curious!

Think I'm going to make a small presentation about ubuntu and what it is, and after that a demonstration about the lay-out and where to find everything.

I've even send a mail to the Belgium-Loco team for some stickers but they didn't reply yet... Still got time though!

Anyway I'm looking forward to that presentation. It's even weird because I hate being in front of class....

If someone has ideas of what to say and stuff you can always post them (I could make it myself though but I'll accept all help :D )

Anyway, hope it'll be good!

Greets WF

sxmaxchine
March 21st, 2010, 02:00 PM
good luck with the presentation just remember to pronounce ubuntu correctly (oo-boon-too)

you should mention how cool you can make it by using compiz.

and tell them that it is 100% free and that the forums actualy give you help unlike microsoft (try to make a microsoft joke like microSOFT haha)

_h_
March 21st, 2010, 02:04 PM
unlike microsoft (try to make a microsoft joke like microSOFT haha)

No, that's extremely unprofessional even if it's just a school presentation.

WannabeFantasma
March 21st, 2010, 02:05 PM

TY!

Well I've allways said Oeboentoe :D (it's the same *-))

About that compiz yes, but I'll be showing a vid (Hopefully self recorded), since I'll be taking my Media center pc to class to show them, and it doesn't need Compiz.

Hell yeah I'm going to talk about the forum and that it's free!

No, that's extremely unprofessional even if it's just a school presentation.

True, I'll not be bashing other OS's just talk about the fact that there are other/free choices than MS/Mac

sxmaxchine
March 21st, 2010, 02:11 PM
yea the joke was pretty bad idea, but still have fun with the presentation

WannabeFantasma
March 21st, 2010, 02:15 PM
yea the joke was pretty bad idea, but still have fun with the presentation

I'll try my best :D
Hope it'll be better than most of my presentations... Never failed a presentation though but still.

WannabeFantasma
March 22nd, 2010, 10:46 PM
I got a question though :o

What servers (like popular servers) are running Linux?

searched the web a bit but didn't really find anything... hope you guys can help!

Barrucadu
March 22nd, 2010, 10:53 PM
Google is a good example.

phibxr
March 22nd, 2010, 10:59 PM

searched the web a bit but didn't really find anything... hope you guys can help!

Some big corporations using Linux could be Google and IBM. Actually, it's hard to point out any big corporations not using Linux servers at all.

Don't forget to point out that many new mobile phones are built upon Linux technology, Android is a good example.

TheLions
March 23rd, 2010, 01:19 AM
78.20 % of 500 fastest supercomputers use Linux

http://www.top500.org/stats/list/34/os

WannabeFantasma
March 23rd, 2010, 11:29 AM
OK Thanks a lot!

WannabeFantasma
March 29th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Question: Will a video splitter (vga to vga box with 2vga things)work on ubuntu?

I think yes? but just to be sure :D

Dayofswords
March 29th, 2010, 09:26 AM

archive.org
wikipedia uses ubuntu servers (they will know that site from doing their homework ;))

WannabeFantasma
April 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM
So anyone knows if it (VGA splitter) will work?
just to make sure it'll work etc... don't want to stand there and seeing it doesn't work! :D