PDA

View Full Version : wird kde problem (everythings massive)

jarrah-95
March 21st, 2010, 12:17 AM
i was using gnome (and have gone back now) and decided to install kde, when i logged into kde for the first time it looked normal but when i tryed to open some of my normal gnome programs, they opened but the text was massive, so big it filled the screen and so i couldent close them i had to log out, then after logging back in they where still there but htis time i tryed to get the kde settings up and it had the same problem. does anyone know how to fix this because i whould like to give kde a proper go.
thanks.

3Miro
March 21st, 2010, 12:39 AM
Go to KDE start menu and find system settings. Then from appearance you can go to GTK+ appearance and play with those options. I don't know what the issue with closing the programs is and for KDE you should try to use as many KDE apps as possible.

my_wan
March 21st, 2010, 02:01 AM
To get your window sizes reduced so you can close them:
Right click the menu bar of the program on the desktop panel and select 'Maximize'.
Close the window normally.
Now when the window reopens it'll be in the same maximized state and can be repositioned normally.

Edit: Just noticed in Control Center-->Windows that you can hold the Alt key and grab to move a window.

jarrah-95
March 21st, 2010, 03:54 AM
i have alredy tryed the kde settings and it had thee same problem. i probably should have been more exact with the problem, the text in the window is massive, like 100 font massive, and this isnt only with gnome applications, the kde settings manager did the same.