PDA

View Full Version : Still serious issues in Dapper??

OffHand
March 12th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Hi All
I have a question for the Dapper testers.
Do you think Dapper is stable enough for a not so experienced user?
I got a lot of time on my hands and feel adventures but I don't want to fall back on my mac or xp too much. I like to solve problems and usually I learn a lot that way. I don't mind filling in some bug reports too and help the development team a bit. But if the sh*t really hits the fan I'm pretty clueless.
Should I install Dapper or stick with Breezy?

Lord Illidan
March 12th, 2006, 07:18 PM
I'm pretty much the same kind of user you are. It doesn't seem bad.. though NVIDIA seems to suck here. But you get the Compiz\XGL, which is a good thing!
Stability - pretty good, hasn't crashed on me.

John.Michael.Kane
March 12th, 2006, 07:20 PM
It boils down to how comfortable you are using dapper. for me it is stable, however thing can, and may break with updates. if you have the time, and the space for the install go for it. any bug you find file them, and enjoy the ride..

mstlyevil
March 12th, 2006, 07:23 PM
I don't recommend it yet if you are going to use this as your main operating system. Now if you are dual booting with another operating system then I say go for it and have fun.

ssam
March 12th, 2006, 07:26 PM
there will be no more big changes in dapper. it is pretty much frozen for bug fixing.

i recommend that you at least try a live cd.

nows a good time to check that it recongises all your hardware and file bugs for anything thats broken. the more testing it gets now the better the final will be.

OffHand
March 12th, 2006, 07:26 PM
I dual boot with XP and I have a Mac too so I can fall back on that.
I'm gonna install Dapper! I just needed some encouragement :D