PDA

View Full Version : Meet Zeitbutton and Menu Button – Right-hand side replacement buttons

sudoer541
March 19th, 2010, 05:10 PM
well everyone was complaining about the close/minimize/maximize buttons in the left hand side. Well, here (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/03/meet-zeitbutton-right-hand-side.html) is the main concept for future versions of ubuntu!

Berk
March 19th, 2010, 05:12 PM
That just takes me to the main index.

sudoer541
March 19th, 2010, 05:19 PM
That just takes me to the main index.

Fixed!!!:p
Thanks!!!

Psumi
March 19th, 2010, 05:39 PM
well everyone was complaining about the close/minimize/maximize buttons in the left hand side. Well, here (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/03/meet-zeitbutton-right-hand-side.html) is the main concept for future versions of ubuntu!

I like my concept of having the Bookmarks Menu be moved into the Go menu and having the name of the application become the file menu, then integrate the entire menu line into the window border:

For Nautilus:

[Icon / Name] Edit View Go

Remove the redundant "You are here" portion of the "Title/Name."

Where Help will become a "?" Icon in the right side of the window border.

The window menu will be in the "New" file menu. Because the icon also become part of the new "File" menu for aesthetic reasons.

Where View will have removed the redundant "Icons/Compact/etc." list that is handled by the dropdown menu near the location bar/bread crumb.

Remove the "Magnifying glass" and integrate it into the location bar next to the broom icon so that people can search from the bar when pressing on the magnifying glass in the bar instead.

The amount of magnification currently shown should be in the lower right on the status bar. Then, put the back/forward buttons to the left of the location bar/breadcrumb, and remove the "redundant" left arrow button that shows more of the breadcrumb. While in breadcrumb view, the back/forward buttons will act as these arrows instead. Up Icon will be on the right side of the breadcrumb, home will be on the left of the location bar too. Remove the pencil/edit location icon and have users double click the breadcrumb to edit the location. Like in Firefox 4 mockup, there will be a GO Arrow to the right of the location bar. This GO Arrow will change into a STOP icon when loading a location. refresh and computer icons will also be in the location bar line.

This makes the nautilus window much more compact.

In the case of Maximus on Netbooks, the menu line/bar will stay where it is instead of moving to the window border.

sudoer541
March 19th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I like my concept of having the Bookmarks Menu be moved into the Go menu and having the name of the application become the file menu, then integrate the entire menu line into the window border:

For Nautilus:

[Icon / Name] Edit View Go

Remove the redundant "You are here" portion of the "Title/Name."

Where Help will become a "?" Icon in the right side of the window border.

The window menu will be in the "New" file menu. Because the icon also become part of the new "File" menu for aesthetic reasons.

Where View will have removed the redundant "Icons/Compact/etc." list that is handled by the dropdown menu near the location bar/bread crumb.

Remove the "Magnifying glass" and integrate it into the location bar next to the broom icon so that people can search from the bar when pressing on the magnifying glass in the bar instead.

The amount of magnification currently shown should be in the lower right on the status bar. Then, put the back/forward buttons to the left of the location bar/breadcrumb, and remove the "redundant" left arrow button that shows more of the breadcrumb. While in breadcrumb view, the back/forward buttons will act as these arrows instead. Up Icon will be on the right side of the breadcrumb, home will be on the left of the location bar too. Remove the pencil/edit location icon and have users double click the breadcrumb to edit the location. Like in Firefox 4 mockup, there will be a GO Arrow to the right of the location bar. This GO Arrow will change into a STOP icon when loading a location. refresh and computer icons will also be in the location bar line.

This makes the nautilus window much more compact.

In the case of Maximus on Netbooks, the menu line/bar will stay where it is instead of moving to the window border.

I like the firefox 4.0 / chrome concept. I think Canonical should start making changes to nautilus and the main menu.
One thing that bothers be is the preferences and administration on the system menu.

whiskeylover
March 19th, 2010, 06:41 PM
The Zeitbutton looks very similar to the Windows button in functionality.

Not very innovative, IMO.

AllRadioisDead
March 19th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Looks awesome! I'm pumped.

chris4585
March 19th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I would just like to know why its so important to put something *new* on the right side and not the left?...