PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Swap minimize and restore buttons

sabrehagen
March 19th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Hi Everybody,

I have moved my restore+minimise+close buttons to the right hand side of the screen, but the restore and minimise buttons are swapped. I would like to have them in the same layout as Windows i.e. in the order of minimise+restore+close.

Thanks for your help!

sabrehagen

mcduck
March 19th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Press Alt-F2 and run "gconf-editor". USe that to browse to apps/metacity/general, and set the "button_layout" to "menu:minimize,maximize,close". (you can leave the "menu" away from the string if you don't want the menu button in the left side of the title bar)

Note that if you use the new themes included in 10.04 (Ambiance & Radiance) they will look bit nasty with that button order, since the button images were made to be used in different order. Any older themes will of course work just fine.

sabrehagen
March 19th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Thank you for your help! There is so much about Ubuntu I've yet to learn, but I look forward to learning none the less!

zipperback
April 28th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Press Alt-F2 and run "gconf-editor". USe that to browse to apps/metacity/general, and set the "button_layout" to "menu:minimize,maximize,close".

No need for people to use gconf-editor to modify it, they can download and install Ambiance_R

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9186310&postcount=1

- zipperback

Skaperen
April 28th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Things like this really should be more simply configured by right click on the object or holder of objects of interest, and select properties. That should bring up whatever allows configuration of that. In the case of buttons on window decorations, doing the right click on the title bar to get the properties selection should be enough. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be a general configuration manager for everything (there still should be). But there should be all these shortcuts to them (unless intentionally disabled in the general configuration).

RCRedneck
October 14th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Muchas Gracias Muchachos.....