PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need help, getting frustrated!

Lori Boyd
March 18th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I got a new laptop yesterday(hp pavillion notebook), took back my first one from the other day due to hardware problems. My problem is that i cant boot ubuntu. I downloaded the ubuntu software, i have also downloaded an iburner, which i did all this on the first computer and it worked fine until my computer started freezing on me in both ubuntu and windows, but it was doing that before i downloaded ubuntu...Anyway I have downloaded the burner, and ubuntu onto a disk and installed it. When i try to reboot, it gives me the choice to boot into windows 7 or ubuntu, i choose ubuntu and it will go to the initial complete installation window and then instead of going into the start up screen it just has a black screen. Please help, i have uninstalled and reinstalled everything 5 times since last night, used different cds and everything and nothing works. I've even booted up straight from the cd under the startup menu without doing the installation thru windows and i get as far as the same black screen.