PDA

View Full Version : linux programs on windows

sxmaxchine
March 18th, 2010, 09:41 AM
hello at home i use ubuntu as my main OS and i have grown very used to the ubuntu programs such as geany, bluefish, banshee and others.
my question is, is there some way i can use my linux programs on a windows system. i would prefer to run debian applications but i dont mind if i have to use redhat.
thanks in advance for the replies.

wojox
March 18th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Check out: http://www.andlinux.org/

sxmaxchine
March 18th, 2010, 09:46 AM
very nice program thankyou for the help

kellemes
March 18th, 2010, 09:59 AM
hello at home i use ubuntu as my main OS and i have grown very used to the ubuntu programs such as geany, bluefish, banshee and others.
my question is, is there some way i can use my linux programs on a windows system. i would prefer to run debian applications but i dont mind if i have to use redhat.
thanks in advance for the replies.

There are Windows versions for Geany and Bluefish since these are multi-platform apps.. Visit there sites for details.
For Banshee I guess not.. but personally I find it rather silly to use Banshee on Windows when there are a lot of multimedia-players for Windows and generally of better quality in my opinion.
Winamp and Foobar2000 come to mind.

sxmaxchine
March 18th, 2010, 10:02 AM
i know on windows i use realplayer i think it is the best media player but i was just using them programs as examples