PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] no operating system loading??

mou11
March 18th, 2010, 07:15 AM
I have a serious problem with my computer. I had once shut down my windows forcefully( i.e. using the button) and now i am now not able to login to windows again. I tried installing linux from the booting cd but was not possible also. Now when I start my computer I get an error message. What to do????

bandros
March 18th, 2010, 07:17 AM
mou11,

If you could post the exact error message you are getting that would be a lot more useful compared to anything. It is definitely going to be important to see where the community can help you in your endeavours.

gradinaruvasile
March 18th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I have a serious problem with my computer. I had once shut down my windows forcefully( i.e. using the button) and now i am now not able to login to windows again. I tried installing linux from the booting cd but was not possible also. Now when I start my computer I get an error message. What to do????

Post the error message.
You should try booting from the windows installer cd, enter in recovery mode and run chkdsk (or whatever the checkdisk program is exactly called, type ? or help on the Windows recovery shell)

But if you cannot boot from cd it sounds bad. Make sure that in bios (or boot menu) you do select the cd rom for first boot device).