PDA

View Full Version : Why Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Will Suck?

Hyper Tails
March 18th, 2010, 12:13 AM
I love Sonic The Hedgehog, Always did, I remember getting a Sega genesis one year for Christmas (around 1997-1998) I got Sonic The hedgehog, Sonic The hedgehog 2 and other games (I got 11 in total today,started it off with 9, also had a game genie,never knew what it was for until 2003-2004)

Ever since I played Sonic and the secret Rings, My hopes were lost with The sonic franchise (I was extremely Dissapointed with That game)

Back on 9/9/09 Sega Anounced Project Needlemouse, I was Hyped LIKE CRAZY!!!!! and People Hoped for it to called Sonic 4 (And it Was!!, yah)

When I was the 2 seconds of game play, I jumped though my roof with excitement!

today when I was at lunch break at school getting my lunch, I came across a nintendo power magizene with a hands on with sonic 4, and i even saw more screen shots of the game (and I got even MORE excited)

Just then I decided to google sonic 4 and I came across this article created by Jim Sterling

and what i saw from his article was COMPLETE GARBAGE!!!!!!!!

his points aren't even good points, there just a bunch of unnecessary complaints, and make sega think that the fans are ungrateful little brats

I just felt like showing you this article because it is so poorly written and I just want to see what your guises reactions are.

Article Link: http://www.destructoid.com/why-sonic-the-hedgehog-4-will-suck-166221.phtml

Raiju
March 18th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Sonic was the first videogame i played.
SonicTeam loves repeatingly crushing that childhood memory...

Sonic Rush was cool, i hope this is ok too.

cdwillis
March 18th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Woooooosh

I think his article was pretty clearly satire, if not he's quite a troll.

dragos240
March 18th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Well it's kind of sad that Sonic Team will NOT be making sonic 4. I was just playing sonic 3 a few hours ago :p.

Psumi
March 18th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Well it's kind of sad that Sonic Team will NOT be making sonic 4. I was just playing sonic 3 a few hours ago :p.

Dimps is "primarily" making Sonic 4, and SOME of the Sonic Team Members will be helping them.

doorknob60
March 18th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Woooooosh

I think his article was pretty clearly satire, if not he's quite a troll.

This, realized that as soon as he mentioned how bad Star Wars failed :lolflag: It's only one of the most successful movie franchises ever :P Looks like it could be a great game (finally!) :)

Hyper Tails
March 18th, 2010, 02:10 AM

really? I thought they were.

I was playing sonic 3 on my wii via homebrew channel as well :)

RichardLinx
March 18th, 2010, 03:32 AM
That article was written in satire. It was done quite well too. :D
How you failed to pick up on this...? No one will ever know. :P

blueshiftoverwatch
March 18th, 2010, 05:13 AM
I didn't really like the first Sonic game. I could never get past the second world without using save states. The other 2D Sonic games for Genesis were good and so was Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast.

tilixibr
March 19th, 2010, 10:44 PM
I believe it won't suck, since this game is the continued version of Sonic and Knuckles... which was the best game Sonic Team has made (besides Sonic Rush). If it sucks, I will never play a Sonic game again......

Just kidding lol, I'll just wait until a new one is launched and wait for good reviews...:lolflag:

Hyper Tails
March 20th, 2010, 02:55 AM
That article was written in satire. It was done quite well too. :D
How you failed to pick up on this...? No one will ever know. :P

The reason is that he says that having green eyes, having different shadings, different looking eggman ball swinger it going to make this suck

he doesn't focus on the gameplay and other things that make a good game

not some stupid idiotic complaints.

Megrimn
March 20th, 2010, 03:08 AM
ptht. This guy would probably just bash any sonic game that didn't play on the old sega consoles. The screenshots in that article were the first I've seen, and I'll tell you, my heart started racing! (lol pun, sorry :D) The graphics look pretty incredible.

MasterNetra
March 20th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Sense sonic 4 is going back to its roots it should be good. Though Personally I still would like to see a oblivion-style sonic game where you can go along with the quests at your leisure and explore a large world of wilderness and other villages/towns/cities without a timer running on your butt. Explore sonic's world and learn more of the region lore that you wouldn't get in a straight through game and I'm sure you can still fit in the speed element. Slow the normal people to a near crawel and jack sonic's speed up and throw in a bit of a speed blur that intensifies as he goes faster. And sense sonic apparently can apparently survive a fall from space (sonic x, last season) you wouldn't recieve any fall damage no matter how high you where so you can race to the top of mountains and jump off them for the fun of it like he does in sonic x. :p Just a thought though...

swoll1980
March 20th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Sonic just wasn't the same after the 16 bit era. The one for the Dreamcast was good, but it still didn't have the epicness of the last good one for the Sega cd

Hyper Tails
March 20th, 2010, 11:58 PM
ptht. This guy would probably just bash any sonic game that didn't play on the old sega consoles. The screenshots in that article were the first i've seen, and i'll tell you, my heart started racing! (lol pun, sorry :d) the graphics look pretty incredible.

+1