PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Cannot install on acer aspire one aoa110

keth802
March 17th, 2010, 09:20 PM
i cannot install any ubuntu based system, or any system at all, on my acer aspire one aoa110. tried with a live usb, live cd, live dvd, all have the same result. i can boot the os, it works fine. when i actually hit install it goes to five percent and then hangs for 90 seconds and then says that it cannot format scsi1 to ext4. so i tried ext3. and reiserfs. and virtually every other format. none worked. i've been told it may be my ssd drivers, but i can't find any drivers for my ssdpamm0008g1 solid state.

conradin
March 17th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I just checked newEgg, and they sell that model with Ubuntu pre-installed. Are you using the netbook remix?

blackmail
March 17th, 2010, 09:31 PM
You could try this (http://www.ubuntu.com/GetUbuntu/download-netbook) link.
If the problem persists, just report back.:popcorn:

keth802
March 17th, 2010, 09:39 PM
i received it with xp home edition pre-loaded. right now trying to install linux mint

keth802
March 17th, 2010, 10:47 PM
UNR didn't work either. I have, so far, tried gentoo, openSuSE, UNR, Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Linux Mint, Puppy Linux, and Damn Small Linux. None of them would install to the SSD.

blackmail
March 21st, 2010, 04:59 AM
Moblin shoul, oh and have you checked the links which appear in my previous post, that must be good for your netbook :D

sid1950
August 2nd, 2010, 08:17 PM
You should download PartedMagic from here (http://partedmagic.com/), and use it to check the drive. I always use PM to partition and format before installing. It is reliable and has some very good checks. You can also use TestDisk to test for bad sectors and faulty partitions.

I have an AOA110 16Gb SSD with 1Gb RAM. It came with LinspireLite, but I repartitioned and added first openSuse 11.1, then changed to Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10, and now Ubuntu NBR 10.04. Installations were no problem, and the NBR version of the Gnome desktop is very good for the small screen. Everything worked "out of the box" apart for the card reader slots which need a bit of fiddling.