PDA

View Full Version : Wanted features

Garyu
March 17th, 2010, 07:59 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/supported_features.png

:D

Simian Man
March 17th, 2010, 08:08 PM
That comic never made sense to me because I've had seamless fullscreen flash on Linux for at least two years. Do people still have problems with this??

Garyu
March 17th, 2010, 08:10 PM
That comic never made sense to me because I've had seamless fullscreen flash on Linux for at least two years. Do people still have problems with this??

It's not about flash...

It's about the average computer user (not linux user) wanting some features, while programmers that are active with linux development want other features.

It's about the linux developers not being fully connected to their potential user base.

23meg
March 17th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Moved to Community Cafe.

swoll1980
March 17th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Flash has nothing to do with Linux though. I'm sure if it were up to the foss community flash would be much better than what it is.

mickie.kext
March 17th, 2010, 09:06 PM
It's not about flash...

It's about the average computer user (not linux user) wanting some features, while programmers that are active with linux development want other features.

It's about the linux developers not being fully connected to their potential user base.

Developers want those features that most users want. It happens that most users are business customers who run Linux on their servers.

Developer are very connected to their user base, users are usually those who pay them to work on Linux.

the yawner
March 18th, 2010, 01:24 AM
"Flash? Who uses that?" - Would love to hear this someday.

dragos240
March 18th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Flash is terrible. I'd really like to see more people abandon it.

LowSky
March 18th, 2010, 01:38 AM

According to some guy at a fruit company, "Adobe is lazy and Flash is horrible"

I would love better flash support on Linux. Try running HD full screen video on Linux and then on Windows, there is a world of difference.

dragos240
March 18th, 2010, 02:07 AM
According to some guy at a fruit company, "Adobe is lazy and Flash is horrible"

I would love better flash support on Linux. Try running HD full screen video on Linux and then on Windows, there is a world of difference.

Not that, full screen flash works fine here, it's just that I can't edit flashes, and the tools I need to make flash aren't free and are on windows. I just hate it.

Psumi
March 18th, 2010, 03:11 AM

I'd love to see homestarrunner.com say that.

Simon17
March 18th, 2010, 03:16 AM

Go Moonlight

3rdalbum
March 18th, 2010, 03:53 AM
While we're waiting for Adobe to fix Flash so it can run nicely in full-screen, with hardware-assisted video acceleration; we have time to add support for 4,096 CPUs.