PDA

View Full Version : My cat has a naughty chair, and a nice chair.

swoll1980
March 17th, 2010, 04:21 PM
My cat has to chairs she sits in. These are the only chairs in the house she bothers with. When she sits in the bar chair; she's very feisty. She will not hesitate to grab a hold of you, and bite your face. She doesn't do this to be mean, she is just playing, but she gets really rough. When she sits in the chair in front of my gfs computer she is extremely lovable. If you get within five feet of her she will begin purring very loud. If you put your head by her she will grab your neck, and start licking your face, and rubbing her face against yours. Is that crazy, or what? Do your cats to anything weird like this.

whiskeylover
March 17th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Cats suck. Get a dog.

swoll1980
March 17th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Cats suck. Get a dog.

I have a black lab. The cat chases him around the house.

Muppeteer
March 17th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Cats suck. Get a dog.

You suck.

My old cat used to do this, until my ex stole her :p

juancarlospaco
March 17th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Picturez please

gnomeuser
March 17th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Try removing the bar stool and see if she is nice all the time.

Post Monkeh
March 17th, 2010, 05:20 PM
You suck.

My old cat used to do this, until my ex stole her :p

seriously? if anyone tried to steal my dog i'd end up in jail, unless they never found the body.

days_of_ruin
March 17th, 2010, 05:21 PM
I can has picturz?

swoll1980
March 17th, 2010, 05:33 PM
We taught the dog to smile for the camera.

NightwishFan
March 17th, 2010, 05:37 PM
We taught the dog to smile for the camera.

Epic

swoll1980
March 17th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Epic

Ain't it though?

swoll1980
March 17th, 2010, 05:44 PM
I put her in the naughty chair to take one of those pics. She immediately began swatting at the camera.

kleskjr
March 17th, 2010, 05:44 PM
have you tried to rotate it on a chair? the fun is after it goes back on the floor. mine really loves it!

swoll1980
March 17th, 2010, 05:47 PM
have you tried to rotate it on a chair? the fun is after it goes back on the floor. mine really loves it!

The bar chair only swings 180 degrees, so it wouldn't work. I wouldn't do it anyways. I know how sick I feel when I get spun around.

underquark
March 17th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Turn the chair upside-down. Best take the cat off first, though.

Excedio
March 17th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Yea...my boy Stuart is the same way. If he's at the top of the scratching post (5 feet tall) and you walk by...expect to get a couple of claws in your shoulder.

On the flip side...he doesn't have a chair to sit in when he wants to cuddle. I just have to lie down on the couch. Next thing I know he's trying to curl up as close to my nose hairs as possible. The closer to my face the happier he gets.

juancarlospaco
March 17th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Thats an IT Pro kitty...

audiomick
March 17th, 2010, 06:43 PM
I see your cat likes having her photo taken nearly as much as ours...;)

Luke, like all cats, definitely has his routines, and his mad moments. There is a wicker chair here that he is allowed to scratch (unfortunately. It is, in my opinion, the most comfortable chair we have...), and when he wants to tell you something, he starts into that. He is getting so that he wont start eating till he has had a pat or two. He wont get on our laps though. He was in an animal shelter for 4 years before we took him in, and it took us nearly 6 months of bribery before we could even touch him. Now he gets up on the bed, and curls up next to us, particularly next to my girlfriend, on the couch.

swoll1980
March 17th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Yea...my boy Stuart is the same way. If he's at the top of the scratching post (5 feet tall) and you walk by...expect to get a couple of claws in your shoulder.

On the flip side...he doesn't have a chair to sit in when he wants to cuddle. I just have to lie down on the couch. Next thing I know he's trying to curl up as close to my nose hairs as possible. The closer to my face the happier he gets.

Maybe it has to do with the height. The naughty chair is about 5 feet of the ground, and she does the same thing when people walk by.

CharlesA
March 17th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Heh, my cats don't let me have my chairs. One is usually in the seat of the chair and the other is on the arm/seat/top.

Crazy buggers.

gymophett
March 17th, 2010, 08:32 PM
What would we do without our cats and dogs? ;)

dragos240
March 17th, 2010, 08:37 PM
My cat sleeps for a while, sunbathes, etc. and suddenly, he gets up and runs back and forth across the room, and up and down the stairs. He also meows really loudly when we throw something over his head.

schauerlich
March 17th, 2010, 08:48 PM
It's times like this I wish it was still in the preferred tone and tenor of the cafe to say "cool story bro."

PS, why don't any of the pictures of your cats have captions?

swoll1980
March 17th, 2010, 08:52 PM
It's times like this I wish it was still in the preferred tone and tenor of the cafe to say "cool story bro."

PS, why don't any of the pictures of your cats have captions?

The captions are in the name of the photo.

schauerlich
March 17th, 2010, 08:56 PM
The captions are in the name of the photo.

It's just not the same without big white letters over the picture.

swoll1980
March 17th, 2010, 09:01 PM
It's just not the same without big white letters over the picture.

How do I do it?

swoll1980
March 17th, 2010, 09:03 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.com/

I know what it is. How do I do it?

swoll1980
March 17th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Haven't you ever used an image editing program before?

Nope. Like Gimp you mean? I never understood it.

Post Monkeh
March 17th, 2010, 09:07 PM
What would we do without our cats and dogs? ;)

who's that in your avatar?

j.bell730
March 17th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Nope. Like Gimp you mean? I never understood it.

Doesn't get much easier than this web app (http://www.picnik.com/app#/home/welcome).

swoll1980
March 17th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Doesn't get much easier than this web app (http://www.picnik.com/app#/home/welcome).

Thanks

NightwishFan
March 17th, 2010, 09:46 PM
How cute. :KS

RandomJoe
March 17th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Two of my three do the same thing when they hop onto one of the barstools. Start rolling around on the seat (occasionally falling off! :D ) and playfully bat at passing limbs. The male cat (Whisper) rather more forcefully than the other (Kiki), but he means well! ;)

Anywhere else and they aren't that way. Except Whisper does go after you if he's reclining on the floor and you pet him with a foot. Bend over and use a hand, he's as relaxed as they come. As soon as your foot touches him he's wrapping himself around it and not letting go!

The third cat, Arrietty, is the lovable sweetheart - toward people. She's always rolling over and acting cute to get belly rubs, climbs on my back at night and provides a lovely massage, generally quite calm. But let another cat enter the back yard and she puffs up 3x normal size, hisses and spits, lunges at the window! (My three never go outside.) The other two could care less about the visiting cats...

swoll1980
March 18th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Two of my three do the same thing when they hop onto one of the barstools. Start rolling around on the seat (occasionally falling off! :D ) and playfully bat at passing limbs. The male cat (Whisper) rather more forcefully than the other (Kiki), but he means well! ;)

So this cat/bar stool thing is a trend among cats I guess.