View Full Version : [ubuntu] formatting freezes

Freze
March 17th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Hi I'm Freze.
I have a problem with my Ubuntu CD. Here's my storyline:

I download my .iso file
I burn it using Nero.
I boot it up
*Keyboard won't work, and graphic installer goes directly to language choosing. And selects at english after 30 secunds
I let it wait and it boots up a copy of ubuntu. With an item on desktop called "Install Ubuntu"
I try to click it
I get some questions with timezone etc
I select partitions and stuff
*It freezes by 5% after having almost completed it. It starts the formatiation and it freezes.
I restart PC and tries again
Same result.

THIS IS FOR A SERVER PC. SHOULD I USE SERVER VERSION?

Freze
March 17th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I have tried again.Which still won't work, And freezes.

Freze
March 18th, 2010, 01:24 PM
anyonE?

Freze
March 18th, 2010, 06:14 PM
anyone ???

I've got the graphic installer to work when i set in the CD and boot..

But. I click Install Ubuntu and it just goes to the desktop without installing oO?

steven.burrow@ctcd.edu
March 24th, 2010, 05:56 PM
I have the same problem. I have tried to install Hardy Heron Server Ed. on a computer now many times. I've tried re-downloading, re-burning the iso's to CD's, but nothing is working.

Mine hangs at the partitioner at 33% exactly. The CapsLock and NumLock lights on the keyboard start blinking, and the gas gauge doesn't move.

The harddrive is fine, I've pulled pictures from it using Damn Small Linux. I'm not sure on where to go.

I've tried detecting if the CD has errors (using that same Server Ed CD), and it gives me an error at MD5 checksum verification.

Let me know!! Thanks.

S. C. B.

tpstigers
September 16th, 2010, 11:31 PM
I had the same problem. Partitioner froze at 33% every time. I tried 10.10, 10.04, 9.10, LiveCDs and Alternate CDs. Even switched the hard drive, in case it was the problem. Still no love.

It confused the hell out of me, especially because I knew I had had Open SUSE and Linux Mint running on the same machine not too long ago (before I converted it to a Hackintosh).

Eventually, I realized I had made one change to the machine when I turned it into a Hackintosh. So I removed the PCI graphics card I had installed and went back to legacy graphics (an old Dell Dimension).

10.04 Alternate CD installed without a hitch. Don't ask me why.