PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Best way to move focus?

t.rei
March 17th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Hi,

I am currently coding a lot and am getting to the point where grabbing the mouse just to switch to another window is getting on my nerves (and wrists).
I have lots of screenspace (2x 1920x1200) and have quite a bunch of editors, previews, concepts, apis, conference, chat, testresults... ya know the stuff open, so alt+tab becomes utterly useless and the scale extension doesnt help much either.

So question is: What is the best, most direct and smoothest way to shift fokus to the desired window on the current screen without mouse? (pretty central question actually, no?)

Right now I am using sloppy focus and my thumb on the touchpad, wich is works fairly well, but if going from extreme left to extreme right, thats bad.

Does anyone maybe know of a way to add "select this window on alt+1..0, alt+shift+1..0, and so on" kind of possibility?

A good way to 'register a key to fokus window X'.

Perfect if the window-select-key could be printed on the titlebar or something like that... didnt Mark Shuttleworth (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/03/mark-shuttleworth-explains-why-window.html) just say something about using that free space on the right? *ducks*

thanks for reading, and any possible answer and comment.

~t.rei