PDA

View Full Version : Droid Outsells iPhone

HappinessNow
March 17th, 2010, 11:35 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=150383&d=1268821988
the Motorola Droid beats out the iPhone (first generation) by a hair. Pretty amazing accomplishment if you ask me. And as the Android army grows in numbers on a number of levels – carriers, manufacturers, form factors, etc… – the statistics will only get more impressive.
http://phandroid.com/2010/03/16/droid-outsells-iphone/

the yawner
March 17th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I assume the first gen?

amitabhishek
March 17th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Perhaps a typo!

gnomeuser
March 17th, 2010, 01:55 PM
very impressive for the first 74 days, it will still take a lot to catch up with the iPhones total sale number but given the hype and early/preorder sales Apple normally present for their devices it is an impressive effort.

The Droid is very likely a great phone, I think Motorola can rightfully be proud of it and I see that the 2.1 update is coming (today I believe) which will surely make the device even more attractive.

Psumi
March 17th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Just a week or two ago, the motorla droid had a 2-for-1 thing going on here in my town. This doesn't surprise me.

Ozor Mox
March 17th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I'd almost certainly have a Droid by now if it wasn't for that bloody gold trim! I just can't bring myself to own one.

chucky chuckaluck
March 17th, 2010, 03:20 PM
I'd almost certainly have a Droid by now if it wasn't for that bloody gold trim! I just can't bring myself to own one.

Gold trim? (He wondered, staring directly at his droid...)

Psumi
March 17th, 2010, 03:23 PM
I'd rather have the ELSE Mobile phone anyway.

Ozor Mox
March 17th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Gold trim? (He wondered, staring directly at his droid...)

This is the Motorola Droid right? Not the Droid Eris or whatever the modified HTC Hero is called?

chucky chuckaluck
March 17th, 2010, 03:31 PM
This is the Motorola Droid right? Not the Droid Eris or whatever the modified HTC Hero is called?

Yup. No gold trim.

Ozor Mox
March 17th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Yup. No gold trim.

Brown trim maybe then? Whatever trim you call it, I don't like it ;)

Specifically I'm talking about the bit in the centre of the D-pad thing, the grill across the back and the gold camera button.

Tristam Green
March 17th, 2010, 03:41 PM
The thing about the iPhone sales was that, at the time, there was nothing like it. No smartphone could do what the iPhone did.

Now, the Droid surpassing iPhone v1 sales is impressive, but let's face it. Except for it being an Android device, it's another "smartphone for the masses-iPhone killer". Far more people have data plans on their cell lines now than they did in 2006/07, and many of those users are switching from iPhones to Droids, be it either by interest in Android, "looking cool", or aggravation from AT&T.

Those points should put the numbers into some perspective.

Muppeteer
March 17th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Argh, can't wait for the Nexus One to come out in the UK. Getting sick of my old G1 :p

HappinessNow
March 18th, 2010, 05:32 AM
This is the Motorola Droid right? Not the Droid Eris or whatever the modified HTC Hero is called?right the Motorola Droid

amitabhishek
March 18th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Argh, can't wait for the Nexus One to come out in the UK. Getting sick of my old G1 :p

Isn't it already available there?

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2889/htcuk.png

madjr
March 18th, 2010, 06:04 PM
when android phones become available to the rest of the world the sales figures will be so much higher, even surpassing apple

i've been in Haiti and even there you could gotten iphones

in my country i could get/buy any iphone or blackberry even at a petshop

i cant find a single android phone anywhere around, which sux

HappinessNow
March 18th, 2010, 08:19 PM
when android phones become available to the rest of the world the sales figures will be so much higher, even surpassing apple

i've been in Haiti and even there you could gotten iphones

in my country i could get/buy any iphone or blackberry even at a petshop

i cant find a single android phone anywhere around, which sux
They have built them and they will come :p