PDA

View Full Version : Apple versus Google Who Will Win

Khakilang
March 17th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Just came across this news. Nowadays there is a lot of competition going on and this seem to be the fight of the century. But someone will be the winner and someone will be the loser. The question is who?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/16/apple-vs-google-gets-personal-steve-jobs-simply-hates-eric-sc/

KiwiNZ
March 17th, 2010, 09:41 AM
engadget ( an good site) are quoting NY times. The press are fairy tale tellers in order to sell copies at the news stands. Be it fact be it fiction they don't care.

Stories like this are nonsense.

crlang13
March 17th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I'd put my money with Google.

Google is more universally liked than Apple, and, lawsuits aside, public sentiment means a lot.

the yawner
March 17th, 2010, 09:42 AM
The real question is: When will they settle? Because they eventually will.

HappinessNow
March 17th, 2010, 09:44 AM
But someone will be the winner and someone will be the loser. The question is who?
Winners = The Lawyers.

Kenny_Strawn
March 17th, 2010, 09:47 AM
I would side with Google only because Google likes FOSS more. Case in point: Even though Google's Web apps are mostly proprietary, their desktop software (including operating systems) is almost always open source. Google likes to make money by advertising in its Web apps, and doesn't give a damn about anything on the computer itself.

Grenage
March 17th, 2010, 09:52 AM
I agree with the quoted reference to the iphone:

It's a sterile Disney-fied walled garden surrounded by sharp-toothed lawyers. The people who create the apps serve at the landlord's pleasure and fear his anger. I hate it.

Unfortunately the article itself lacks any real substance.

HappinessNow
March 17th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Here is an interesting take: Everybody wins!

Here's our take on the whole brouhaha: an Apple vs. Google war is actually a great thing.

Bear with us here. Competition is good -- fearless competition, even better. The level of new innovation between the 2G and 3G iPhones was negligible at best. Android, as raw and unfinished as it feels (it resembles an ongoing beta release, like everything from Google) at least isn't coasting on its laurels: it's getting better, and its inviting the programming world to MAKE it better.

We feel that, due to this new animosity and level of competition between Apple and Google, Apple will be forced to provide more innovative updates for the iphone -- and Google, in turn, will work harder to polish and enhance Android. So whether you're Team Steve or Team Eric, you still win.http://www.ismashphone.com/2010/03/smart-phone-slug-fest-apple-google-go-to-the-mattresses.html