PDA

View Full Version : RGBA in Linux Mint

Kenny_Strawn
March 17th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Just curious: Does Mint support RGBA like Ubuntu does? Since I have Mint now, I was wondering if it supports it. If it does, I will try the PPA for it, seeing how it works in Mint.

Kenny_Strawn
March 17th, 2010, 01:55 AM
I guess I will just have to wait and see... Maybe I can open up Mint's gtkrc in GEdit.

sailthesea
March 17th, 2010, 02:18 AM
It's a bit hit and miss getting some of the themes going in Mint. Check that you look for the right version;)

Kenny_Strawn
March 17th, 2010, 06:33 AM
I was talking about enabling RGBA in Mint's default theme. So far, it's only showing up in the Terminal.

3rdalbum
March 17th, 2010, 07:54 AM
I was talking about enabling RGBA in Mint's default theme. So far, it's only showing up in the Terminal.

Have you turned on RGBA for all controls using the "Engines" tab in Gnome Color Chooser? And I'm guessing you have the new patched GTK from the PPA?

Kenny_Strawn
March 17th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Have you turned on RGBA for all controls using the "Engines" tab in Gnome Color Chooser? And I'm guessing you have the new patched GTK from the PPA?

Yes I do, and I installed AWN. Long story short, the AWN Manager has RGBA, but any System properties don't. For some reason, RGBA didn't enable for anything installed by the system, or at least before I enabled RGBA.