PDA

View Full Version : [mythbuntu] Fetch Channels Button for SD does nothing

JesterPoet
March 16th, 2010, 03:39 PM
First, a warning... I'm entirely new to mythtv and ubuntu (and mythbuntu, obviously), but I've done well so far working around all my installation problems.

Right now I'm trying to get MythTV to bring in my channels. I can see all the channels when I use the Watch TV feature on the frontend, but in the backend I can't get it to work.

In the input COnnections>Television section, I am set up for Schedules Direct. My "Scan for Channels" button is disabled, so I can't use that. However, the "Fetch Channels" button, though enabled does nothing. It doesn't depress when I select it or anything. I can't figure out why. I know my username and password are entered correctly, so I'm drawing a blank.

My video source setup is also set with SD.

I have an Analog V4L capture card selected in the capture cards section. It's a AVI TV Wonder Pro (an old card, but free). It seems to be set up correctly since I can "Watch TV" with it.

In the channel editor, I also do not have the option to do a channel scan. It skips right over that button.

Any ideas what I could do next? I'm a newbie, so it's fine to talk to me like an idiot. :)

Thanks!
-JP

myth1914
March 18th, 2010, 01:01 AM
You're not the only one. I've been struggling with this for a couple weeks now.

I can send you the forum for SD to verify they are sending you data, but with what you describe, it's almost guaranteed to be a mythbuntu issue. I will create my first bug report (after putting the baby to sleep...) if no one else has any option.