PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.10 boot problem

szeman
March 15th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Hello, I am new to Ubuntu and am trying to load Linux Ubuntu 9.10 on my sons computer per his request. I saved it to disc per the directions and checked the disc and it has all the files. I put the disc into the computer, booted from the CD Drive and this is it what it tells me:

ISOLinux 3.63 Debian-2008-07-15 Copyright (c) 1994-2008 H. Peter Anvin
Boot:

I have no idea what to do. I know it wants a command, but what? This is my son's computer and he needs it to finish his classes. He takes his classes online for JR. High. Can someone PLEASE help me - it would be greatly appreciated? I am not sure if I am missing something or what.

ajgreeny
March 15th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Normally the computer will move on from that to a language choice screen, which defaults to English if you do nothing, then a white ubuntu logo and then to a gnome desktop. Obviously there must either be a fault in your CD, or yopu need to use one of the boot options in the menu that should appear, but apparently does not.

I suggest you check that the burned CD is a good one from the boot menu that appears (or should appear first when you startup the computer). If the option tom check the CD does not even appear, along with all the other options, and it sounds as if that may be the case here, then I do not know what to suggest other than check the CD on another computer, and if needed, burn again after checking that the iso file md5sum is correct.