PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade to 9.10 ?

dexter2305
March 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I have installed Ubuntu Hardy heron from the Ubuntu Cd using wubi installer. I have no access to internet to upgrade Hardy Heron to Karmic Koala. I have ISO image of Karmic Koala downloaded from my friend. I would like to know how to upgrade hardy heron to karmic koala using the ISO image. I am a beginner in the ocean of linux. So, please state every step required to upgrade..

Tikkyca
March 15th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I think you can't upgrade with the disk,if you have iso burned to a CD you just need to reboot,and follow the installation proccess,but the best thing is to backup your files,and do a fresh installation,that allways makes your system run better.

herbertportillo
March 15th, 2010, 07:14 PM
If you have the .ISO image of Ubuntu 9.10, the next step is to burn the image onto a CD.

To burn the .iso image onto a CD, open Brasero (Applications -> Sound & Video -> Brasero) and click the "Burn Image" option. Click on "Path" and go to the folder where the .iso is saved. Then click "Open" to add the .iso to the path. For burning speed, choose the slowest possible speed. It might take longer, but it will ensure that the CD burns with no mistakes. Then click "Burn" and wait until the CD finishes. When it finishes, you should have a Ubuntu 9.10 install CD.