PDA

View Full Version : An Ubuntu community advertisement idea.

ssj6akshat
March 15th, 2010, 05:53 PM
"I am a Human and Ubuntu was my Idea"

How is it?A pun on
"I am a PC and Windows 7 was my Idea"

can anyone make some artwork for community advertisement out of it?

Me?I am not much of an Artist.

Psumi
March 15th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Microsoft would sue.

madnessjack
March 15th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Technically it's a play on the "I'm a Mac" from those Apple elitism adds.

And Stevie B would kane your behind

Bachstelze
March 15th, 2010, 05:55 PM
/youmad.jpg

MasterNetra
March 15th, 2010, 06:00 PM
1. Like the first reply mentioned, MS would most likely sue.

2. I don't think Apple could anything about it except maybe start launching their own anti-linux campaign (which they may do anyway if Linux starts gaining monsterious ground anyway.

3. Doing that would make it look like Ubuntu is trying to copy windows. Not a good thing.

koleoptero
March 15th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Human is last year. See the rebranding thread above and think something in terms of "light".

wojox
March 15th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Remember how mad people got when Vanilla Ice ripped off Queen's "Under Pressure" for his "Ice Ice Baby"?

You don't want Ubuntu to become the Vanilla Ice of Distro's do you.

fatality_uk
March 15th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Another I have no creativitiy and want to use someone else ad and tweaking it was my idea thread

2hot6ft2
March 15th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Every time I see that commercial that says your pc may be slow from adware, malware, spyware, viruses etc. to go to a webstite (no I wont plug it here) to make it run faster I think get rid of windows that has all that stuff. So how about one that says just that.

Make your pc faster by getting rid of the operating system that is vulnerable to all of that stuff. Go Ubuntu, it's free, open source, and you can even try it for free without making any changes to your pc first.

Why pay to just clean it only to have the same problem again later?

You get the idea anyway.

samh785
March 15th, 2010, 06:24 PM
It might not be the best of ideas, but I think it would be a good exercise if everyone would just calm down and play nicely. This person was just trying to submit an idea that he thought would benefit the community. Regardless if that is true or not constructive criticism is better than just straight criticism.

standingwave
March 15th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Human is last year. See the rebranding thread above and think something in terms of "light".I think the OP was referencing humanity (ubuntu the philosophy), not necessarily the human theme. Ubuntu as the philosophical core of this distro isn't going to vanish with any given release. I would like to see an ad that highlights Ubuntu's core values rather than the vagaries of any particular release.

whiskeylover
March 15th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Microsoft would sue.

Not if it could be clearly portrayed as sarcasm. Then it would be protected by Fair Use.

koleoptero
March 15th, 2010, 10:57 PM
I think the OP was referencing humanity (ubuntu the philosophy), not necessarily the human theme. Ubuntu as the philosophical core of this distro isn't going to vanish with any given release. I would like to see an ad that highlights Ubuntu's core values rather than the vagaries of any particular release.

If you read the https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Brand page carefully (not just the images about the themes and logos) you'll notice it also talks about a change in philosophy.

ZarathustraDK
March 15th, 2010, 11:32 PM
If you want to have an edge over Microsoft and Apple then market yourself in a way that is impossible for them to mimic.

Something like this basically http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orEhUEcxHeY

MasterNetra
March 15th, 2010, 11:32 PM
How about a commerical with tux's downing a Glass Beer Mug with the Ubuntu Symbol on it followed by "Ubuntu, the Good stuff!" or something like that. :popcorn:

standingwave
March 16th, 2010, 12:20 AM
If you read the https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Brand page carefully (not just the images about the themes and logos) you'll notice it also talks about a change in philosophy.Great. Then the only thing left is to change the name. I'm looking forward to installing LightWare 10.04 LTS next month. :p

koleoptero
March 16th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Great. Then the only thing left is to change the name. I'm looking forward to installing LightWare 10.04 LTS next month. :p

That sounds more like an ubuntu derivative that's without mono. :P

ssj6akshat
March 17th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Microsoft would sue.

1. Like the first reply mentioned, MS would most likely sue.

Do you seriously think that microsoft would sue Canonical for a ubuntu supporter making something like this?I was reffering to volunteer ads like forum profile sigs,website banners not TV advertisement or paid advertisement.

KiwiNZ
March 17th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Not an idea we would support.

Nick_Jinn
August 7th, 2010, 10:56 AM
"I am a Human and Ubuntu was my Idea"

How is it?A pun on
"I am a PC and Windows 7 was my Idea"

can anyone make some artwork for community advertisement out of it?

Me?I am not much of an Artist.

I like it.....If its legal Ubuntu should use it. If not, people should use it on their own anonymously so there is nobody to sue.