PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wrong Icons in Icon View; Correct in List View (Nautilus)

floborg
March 15th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Recently upgraded from Jaunty to Karmic. Now, I'm not seeing the proper icons for a few file types in Nautilus using the "Icon View." When I switch to "List View," the icons are correct. In my icon set, I can't see any obvious differences between the various sizes (16x16, 24x24, etc). I noticed the same thing with other icon sets, including Humanity.

Some of the offenders include html, txt, key, asc, cfg, and a number of text types.

Anyone have any ideas?

lidex
March 15th, 2010, 06:41 AM
What icon set are you using? Look in "/usr/share/icons" and "~/.icons" and see if the folder for your particular set exists in both locations. If not copy-and-paste so that it is, then logout. If it persists, try switching to different ones and then back. May need to flush your icon cache - or rebuild. Look here:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-596363.html?sid=7cd23f4e65884795289decf7e922eb29

floborg
March 15th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Well, I only installed the icons to my home. That caused no problems in Hardy, Intrepid, or Jaunty. Like I mentioned before, this is happening with other icons sets, including Humanity.

I ran that command in my ~/.icons directory, got a success message, and nothing changed.

floborg
March 16th, 2010, 04:34 AM
I made a USB startup disk from the Karmic LiveCD, booted it up, and saw the same thing with Humanity and my custom icon set. So, now I doubt I'm the only one with this issue.

lidex
March 16th, 2010, 04:49 AM
First I've heard of that. Did you search the forums?

floborg
March 16th, 2010, 01:19 PM
First I've heard of that. Did you search the forums?

Of course. Trying to dig through some more today. No related posts found so far.

I'm going to take a look at this in a virtual machine with a fresh install as well.

I suspect that the "text preview in icons" might have been broken for Karmic.

floborg
March 16th, 2010, 08:56 PM
I can confirm that the icons in Icon View return to normal when the "Show text in icons" option is turned off. I guess they expanded the number of mimetypes that work with this feature. Perhaps, too many are supported considering that some of these contain code.