PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can find a list of the Freeist Nations of the world?

MasterNetra
March 15th, 2010, 01:14 AM
I was wondering if anyone know of a list of the freeist nations of the world. Its obvious the US wouldn't be number 1, Just want to see the real nations that provide the most freedoms.

d3v1150m471c
March 15th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Free by what standards?

robertcoulson
March 15th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Free from what...???
Robert

MasterNetra
March 15th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Free by what standards?

I was wondering if anyone know of a list of the freeist nations of the world. Its obvious the US wouldn't be number 1, Just want to see the real nations that provide the most freedoms.

Personal Freedom.

user1397
March 15th, 2010, 01:27 AM
I don't know of a list, but I bet the Scandinavian countries (Norway, Sweden, Denmark), a few other European countries (like the Netherlands, Finland, a few others), Canada, Australia, and New Zealand would all be on there...

I could be wrong about some of those though, it is just my impression.

Groucho Marxist
March 15th, 2010, 01:27 AM
I was wondering if anyone know of a list of the freeist nations of the world.

As a citizen of Freedonia, I say that my country, under the leadership of Rufus T. Firefly, constitutes the nation with the most freedoms.

Its obvious the US wouldn't be number 1, Just want to see the real nations that provide the most freedoms.

:-({|=

sudo apt-get install melodrama

hansdown
March 15th, 2010, 01:29 AM
There seems to be some differing views.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=freest+nations+on+earth&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

JDShu
March 15th, 2010, 01:30 AM
From Google:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_World_Liberty_Index

MasterNetra
March 15th, 2010, 01:31 AM
I don't know of a list, but I bet the Scandinavian countries (Norway, Sweden, Denmark), a few other European countries (like the Netherlands, Finland, a few others), Canada, Australia, and New Zealand would all be on there...

I could be wrong about some of those though, it is just my impression.

I figured the Netherlands would be among them. hmm... What your thoughts on Iceland?

From Google:

Well that answers the quest about Iceland lol. Estonia eh... Never heard of it until today. Figures the Freeist country on the list would be one rarely mentioned if mentioned at all in the US.

Kdar
March 15th, 2010, 01:37 AM
USA? haha :P (coming to you with freedom)

MasterNetra
March 15th, 2010, 01:41 AM
USA? haha :P (coming to you with freedom)

lol I currently live in the US and was even born here. But no I already know the US isn't the freeist, it maybe not at the bottom (yet) But we are slowly losing our freedoms, that much is clear. (To me at least). The US just likes to claim its the "land of the free" maybe for a short period after the revolutionary war maybe...ok maybe not. Slavery and women treated as second class citizens and all >.>

phrostbyte
March 15th, 2010, 01:43 AM
I figured the Netherlands would be among them. hmm... What your thoughts on Iceland?

Well that answers the quest about Iceland lol. Estonia eh... Never heard of it until today. Figures the Freeist country on the list would be one rarely mentioned if mentioned at all in the US.

Estonia is a former member of the USSR. That is probably why you never heard of them.

Kdar
March 15th, 2010, 01:49 AM
From Google:

I am a little shocked that Estonia, a fascist nation, is on the very top. (even that it is data from 2006)
Considering things done by Estonia like giving medals to ex-fascist solders, removal of war monuments which were build by Russia, and racial discrimination against Russians living in Estonia.
http://english.pravda.ru/world/ussr/20-11-2009/110628-soviet_legacy-0

The events of the so-called Bronze night, when the authorities ordered to remove the statue of the Bronze soldier from the center of Tallinn (a monument to Russian warriors, who died in Estonia during WWII)

======

lol I currently live in the US and was even born here. But no I already know the US isn't the freeist, it maybe not at the bottom (yet) But we are slowly losing our freedoms, that much is clear. (To me at least). The US just likes to claim its the "land of the free" maybe for a short period after the revolutionary war maybe...ok maybe not. Slavery and women treated as second class citizens and all >.>

hehe yes. I said it with sarcasm :)(I am living here too) It sure likes to spread it's freedom everywhere it can :)

MasterNetra
March 15th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Estonia is a former member of the USSR. That is probably why you never heard of them.

Probably.

Groucho Marxist
March 15th, 2010, 02:00 AM

If you want to blame anyone for slavery in the colonial period, blame the British; America was an asset of the empire at the time.

America did not exist in a vacuum; its cultural attitudes towards women reflected the prevailing sentiments of the day, sentiments found on the Continent as well.

If we want to do something constructive, we should look upon past actions as representations of distinct eras. There are elements of these eras that should be emulated (i.e. creation of a declared Bill of Rights) while others need to be addressed and rectified so that we do not perpetuate problems over time.

overdrank
March 15th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Thread has turn political. Thread closed.