PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Broken Package Need Help

skittlespenc
March 15th, 2010, 12:16 AM
So i tried to download adobe flashplayer from a site i'm not sure of, and it didn't install flashplugin-installer. My pc always bugs me about having a broken packet and i'm not able to download anything else because of it. I've tried for a long time now and visited like every site to try to get rid of it. It says "E: flashplugin-nonfree: Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should reinstall it before attempting a removal." when i try to delete it in system package manager. and it says i need to do this "This package is a transitional package that can safely be removed after you installed
flashplugin-installer." i can't find where to install this and when i did think i found the link i try to type my password for terminal and it just says sorry, try again for some reason... i got ubuntu yesterday so i sooo new to this.

garvinrick4
March 15th, 2010, 01:14 AM
What version ubuntu are you using 9.04,9.10 or earlier?

mkvnmtr
March 15th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Open synaptic package manager. Under edit I believe you will find an option to fix broken packages. I would try to use that option first in an attempt to fix a broken package.

skittlespenc
March 20th, 2010, 05:50 AM
i was using 9.10 but i tried like every way i could think of. this has been the hardest package i've dealt with. So the only way to fix the problem that i could think of at the time was to restart my pc with the installation disc and reinstall ubuntu 9.10 .... it worked and the broken package is no more :)