PDA

View Full Version : Vonage on Ubuntu?

March 11th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Just wondering if anyone on here has used Vonage Broadband Phone Service on their Ubuntu Box, and if so have you had any problems with it. I am assuming that although a
REQUIREMENT of Vonage is to have Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or greater installed that you can most likely do anything right from your Ubuntu Desktop.

I believe that there is software included in VONAGE for Microsoft Windows to install the Router/Phone Interface, however I don't believe that it would be difficult to setup the router manually through your Route Config.

Oh yeah, the default device that I found is 192.168.15.0 for the Router for the V-Tech Router

matthinckley
March 11th, 2006, 09:30 PM
I have vonage phone service at home.. but it has nothing to do with my computer..

I have a phone adapter box that plugs into my router.. I hook my telephone up to the adapter box and there is a setup that I went through by using the touch-tone telephone to set the IP address of the box.. but that is only because I use static ip at home..

EDIT: for all the web control panel stuff it works just fine under firefox.. if you are speaking of the softphone they offer that is software based.. I don't know about it on linux.. never tried it.

MrDan
March 11th, 2006, 09:34 PM
I have vonage phone service at home.. but it has nothing to do with my computer..

I have a phone adapter box that plugs into my router.. I hook my telephone up to the adapter box and there is a setup that I went through by using the touch-tone telephone to set the IP address of the box.. but that is only because I use static ip at home..

EDIT: for all the web control panel stuff it works just fine under firefox.. if you are speaking of the softphone they offer that is software based.. I don't know about it on linux.. never tried it.

Yah, me Too

Vorian
March 11th, 2006, 09:43 PM
same, no need here either.

bjweeks
March 11th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Same here.

briancrutin
March 11th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Well i'm in college. Its impossible to do anything with vonage without microsoft. It simply cant be done. I am in college.

Bandit
March 12th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Ok we get the idea your in college, what that has to do with Vonage is irralevent.
BTW, 3 users posted just about you it works fine with Fx.?

Stormy Eyes
March 12th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Just wondering if anyone on here has used Vonage Broadband Phone Service on their Ubuntu Box, and if so have you had any problems with it. I am assuming that although a of Vonage is to have Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or greater installed that you can most likely do anything right from your Ubuntu Desktop.

The IE requirement is ********. I use Vonage and my home is Windows-free.

Stormy Eyes
March 12th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Its impossible to do anything with vonage without microsoft. It simply cant be done.

Dude, I've been using Vonage for almost a year. It works perfectly well on my all-Linux network.

bjweeks
March 12th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Dude, I've been using Vonage for almost a year. It works perfectly well on my all-Linux network.

Seconded

Vorian
March 12th, 2006, 12:36 AM
It doesnt matter what OS you are using, as long as you have a broadband connection. I didn't even have to configure my router, it was plug-in ready.

PapaWiskas
March 12th, 2006, 11:18 PM

THIRDED!!! (that is a word isn't it?)