PDA

View Full Version : Any non torrent .iso for Fedora XFCE?

Pott
March 14th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I want to try it but the only .iso I can find is through Torrent. It works fine via my Linux OS but it downloads at 30kbps which is very, very, very slow (my download speed is about 7mbps).
I don't use torrent at all normally and for some reason my Windows partition seems to download a little faster so I was wondering if I could find a .iso that's not through torrent. So far I've not had any luck though... any idea..?

Thanks

Kingsley
March 14th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Why not figure out the settings to optimize your download speeds for torrents? That seems like the easiest solution.

Pott
March 14th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I have. I had no download speed limits on and everything seemed fine. Then again I'd never used torrent so I wouldn't know all that much about it.

mikewhatever
March 14th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Perhaps someone on Fedora forums will know better. Generally speaking, bittorrent is a very effective way to distribute content, and cheap, as opposed to download servers.

kmsalex
March 15th, 2010, 01:58 AM
you could just install standered Fedora and then install XFCE from the repositryes.if you are using transmison, right click on the torrent in transmison select propertys, go to options and set the max # of peers to 3000(the most posible), you could also try adding trackers. in the trackers tab, but you will need the exact right one. if you give me the link i'll seed it for you.

_h_
March 15th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Make sure you have your upload capped at 30%-50% of your total upload speed capability, which can figure out at http://www.speedtest.net/

Pott
March 15th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Thanks guys, I'll be honest I never download stuff so most of this is a new language to me :P I just waited until later at night and it just took one hour. Thanks!