PDA

View Full Version : UNR hangs at black screen after booting

zetsumei
March 14th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I create the bootable flash drive, boot into it and select the first option (try ubuntu with) and it just hangs at a black screen. It's been hanging for about 15mins now. I can hit ctrl+alt+del to reboot it, but that's all I can do. Any idea what's going on?

Netbook is a Gateway LT2106U.

Let's give this forum a try...

Alghowry
March 16th, 2010, 03:49 AM
I have the same problem, i just downloaded ubuntu moblin remix iso file and create a usb boot from my flashdisk.
boot and enter on "try ubuntu without install it" and then, the black screen appeared, nothing happened for an hour. I try to download UMR iso again, thinking that the downloaded iso file is corrupt. But I face the same problem again, for the 2nd time, black screen, nothing to do.

Need a help......

GrfyGrumpyBear
March 17th, 2010, 05:21 AM
I had the same problem trying to install UNR (the try option did the same thing).

I recreated the USB stick, this time choosing the "Do not save configuration files unless saved somewhere else" option instead of trying to allocate space on the stick. This seems to have worked, the installer is running now.

note this is a bugmenot account as I did not want to register, you should enable guest posting!

zetsumei
March 17th, 2010, 09:31 PM
I'll try with the Do not save config files unless saved somewhere else option.

Also, don't enable guest posting, we'll get spammed lol.