PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] hp g62-144dx: installation problem

pinco pallino
March 14th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Hi everybody,
I was very happy because I got my new laptop hp g62-144dx (Core I3-330m 4gb Ddr3 500gb 7200 Led), but I could not install karmic koala yet.
When I try to install karmic koala usinig the bootable cd, the cd-rom reads the cd and the usual screen appears. I choose the installation option and select the language, but then the screen becomes black and after a while the cd-rom stops running (unless I type enter or space key, then it runs for few seconds and stops again).
What's going on?
Is there any non-supported hardware?

thank a lot for any suggestions

YannBuntu
March 17th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Hello
did you burn your CD correctly (low speed, MD5 check) ?

pinco pallino
March 17th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Hello
did you burn your CD correctly (low speed, MD5 check) ?

yes, and I already used it to install ubuntu on another laptop.
Moreover I did the boot with that CD, the problem is the after I select "install ubuntu" the screen becomes black... and nothing happens anymore.

YannBuntu
March 18th, 2010, 07:48 AM
ok. Now please try with other versions of Ubuntu (Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty).

pinco pallino
March 18th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I fixed the problem, or it is better to say I moved around the problem, namely ubuntu don't recognize "intel HD grafics"...:( so I installed the system, but with the pour VGA grafics... I used the "safe graphic option" of the installation CD.
Now I'll open a new thread about the graphics problem.

paladin677
March 21st, 2010, 01:28 AM
I picked up this model notebook yesterday. Followed the instructions on this page (including installing 2.6.33) and resolved the video driver issue.

http://www.linwik.com/wiki/using+the+intel+arrandale+intel+graphics+media+acc elerator+hd+with+ubuntu+9.10

soulreaverdoug
April 24th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Thanx man, that fixed my problem too.
no doubt this forum is pretty useful!. :)