python -c "from sympy import *"

it might also work with

#!/bin/sh

python -m sympy

carlosgs91
March 13th, 2010, 04:04 PM

ronocdh
March 13th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I want to create a bash file that does the same, so I can do the three steps by running the file.I believe what you want to do is research adding something to your path. That way you could make a custom script to perform those three steps (should be a Bash script, as you've been doing), and then link that Bash script to /usr/bin/ or wherever you please.

The advantage of a link is that you could edit the script in, say, your home directory, and then the link would magically point to the newly edited version of the file.

Anything in your PATH can be run from a terminal by just typing the associated command, e.g. sympy if sympy is in your PATH.

tomchuk
March 13th, 2010, 09:13 PM
You can also accomplish this by setting the PYTHONSTARTUP variable in your ~/.bashrc (or other file sourced from your shell)

in ~/.bashrc:

export PYTHONSTARTUP=~/.pythonrc

in ~/.pythonrc:

try:
import sys
sys.path.append('/var/mobile/Media')
from sympy import *
except:
print 'sympy not imported'

Everything from sympy will be imported in every python shell you run. The sys.path.append bit could also be accomplished by setting PYTHONPATH in your ~/.bashrc.

Here's my .pythonrc, that if run from a django project will setup the django environment and import all models.

try:
from django.core.management import setup_environ
import settings
setup_environ(settings)
print 'imported django settings'
try:
exec_strs = ["from %s.models import *"%apps for apps in settings.INSTALLED_APPS ]
for x in exec_strs:
try:
exec(x)
except:
print 'Not imported for %s' %x
print 'imported django models'
except:
pass
except:
pass