PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Panel weather

witeshark17
March 13th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Has anyone else seen panel weather report fail to display anything rightly beside the current date?

Edit: stuck on incorrect date as well...

partloer
March 13th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Hi witeshark17,

The only time that I have problems is when my wireless takes longer to connect. Once the wireless is connected I update the weather.

Are you having problems with displaying the weather or temperature both?

As for the correct date I would make sure that the "Time and Date Settings" System->Administration configuration is set to Keep synchronized with internet servers.

Hope this helps let me know.

Arkitekt
March 13th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Is your home location set correctly?

MichaP
June 4th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I have this problem too, on two computers. I think it started after updating to 10.04.
I tried adding the separate weather applet, but it doesn't fetch any weather either.

/Micha

3Miro
June 4th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I have been using the weather applet under xubuntu without trouble for quite some time. I only had issues, when I had to travel to Europe and lost Internet connection for some time.

Try deleting the weather applet config directory. I don't know which folder that is and I cannot seem to find it.

hictio
June 4th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Mine works Ok (Lucid 64 bits, dist-upgrade from Karmic) sometimes, not usual, but occasionally I have to give a twist to force and update.
Right click on the Applet > Properties > Locations > Select Location > Edit > Ok.

MichaP
June 11th, 2010, 12:09 PM
I tried all kinds of twist to get it working, but without success. But today, suddenly, it's working again.

/Micha

MichaP
June 13th, 2010, 08:00 AM
And now it stopped working. Is there something wrong with the server?

petri
June 20th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Me too having this problem, it worked at first week with Lucid but since then it has been broken. Changing location doesn't help the app just crashes.