PDA

View Full Version : Visual Effects/Workspace cube no longer working

shipp
March 13th, 2010, 06:03 AM
So, I was tinkering with my appearance, trying to figure out how to put a background behind the cube, when you're switching between workspaces, and accidentally clicked on visual effects Normal, i think. Either way, I had the wobbly windows and the mousewheel spins the cube affect with nothing checked under visual appearances. Now that I clicked one of them, i've lost my mousewheel workspace switcher and I don't know how to get it back. Can anyone help? P.S. my friend that set me up with ubuntu is the person who applied those settings, so I dont know how he did it without using preferences.

Thanks

shipp
March 13th, 2010, 09:01 PM
In case anyone else has the same problem. I'm new to ubuntu so, I feel a little slow in not being able to figure this out. Go to System> Preferences>Compiz Config Manager > find cube and cube rotation in the icons and check the box next to them. I don't know why my computer automatically unchecked them, though. Also, under ubuntu forums online there is a sticky thread under desktop effects management with a FAQ on desktop effects that is very useful. Look it up for similar problems