PDA

View Full Version : How many pizzas to order for 50 people?

HappinessNow
March 13th, 2010, 01:54 AM
I am providing pizza for 50 people and I am trying to figure out how many pizzas to order?

subedistra7
March 13th, 2010, 01:57 AM
13 or 25.

d3v1150m471c
March 13th, 2010, 02:01 AM
approximately 16 pizzas assuming that everyone is an adult and the pizzas are medium to large in size.

robertcoulson
March 13th, 2010, 02:03 AM
I could eat a whole pizza myself...Hope there are not 50 people like me, cause that would mean 50 pizza's..Yikes.
Robert

Giant Speck
March 13th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Well, the minimum amount of pizzas you would need to order to ensure that everyone gets a slice is seven, assuming that the pizzas are medium or large, which normally have eight slices.

koleoptero
March 13th, 2010, 02:07 AM
I'd order 50. Worst case scenario: you'll be eating pizza for a couple of weeks.

sisco311
March 13th, 2010, 02:07 AM
i hope you use the cli to order...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7pPajOvQGo

_h_
March 13th, 2010, 02:08 AM
I'd say 20-25 larges, considering not everyone eats alot of pizza and not everyone wants only 1 slice.

Plus you get some left over for you maybe?

NightwishFan
March 13th, 2010, 02:09 AM
A pizza for every 4 or 5? Unless you want to fill them up.

2hot6ft2
March 13th, 2010, 02:20 AM
25, on average I suspect people eat about 4 slices or 1/2 pizza if they are medium to large pizzas.

Hyper Tails
March 13th, 2010, 02:31 AM
i'd order 50. Worst case scenario: You'll be eating pizza for a couple of weeks.

+1

subedistra7
March 13th, 2010, 02:34 AM
I'd order 50. Worst case scenario: you'll be eating pizza for a couple of weeks.

worst case scenario.

after 2 weeks of eating nothing but pizzas, he/she gets a yeast infection.

yummy.

undecim
March 13th, 2010, 02:35 AM
I'd order 15-20 large pizzas for 50 adults.

Always get a little extra. It's better to have too much and eat pizza for dinner for a couple days than to not have enough.

_h_
March 13th, 2010, 02:35 AM
worst case scenario.

yummy.

How would one get such an infection from eating pizza? :O

audiomick
March 13th, 2010, 02:45 AM
How would one get such an infection from eating pizza? :O
Malnutrition makes you very susceptible to such like....

I would think about how much of a pizza in the size that is common where you are you would want to eat or want to make available for the guests, and then multiply that fraction of a pizza by 50 and add a bit for safety's sake. As has been mentioned already: better to eat warmed up or cold pizza for a day or two afterwards than to have hungry guests...;)

LookTJ
March 13th, 2010, 03:55 AM
30 boxes.

samh785
March 13th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Worst case scenario, he spends all of his money on pizzas and the next day everything in the world goes on a 75% off sale. ;)

Jesus_Valdez
March 13th, 2010, 04:17 AM
15 is a good number in my opinion.

pastalavista
March 13th, 2010, 04:22 AM
200 will feed 50 people for 4 days one pizza per day. How long might your party last?

sudoer541
March 13th, 2010, 04:47 AM
I am providing pizza for 50 people and I am trying to figure out how many pizzas to order?

Hello! and welcome to ubuntu answers formerly known as yahoo answers.
We will be more than happy to answer all your questions!:p
We can guarantee that you will get your answer in minutes!!!, why? Because we have knowledgeble people around the world gladly answering any question of any kind!:)
Thank you for visiting ubuntu answers!;)
Have a great day!

Michael, from ubuntu answers!

ahem! back to the topic, buy small pizzas so u can save money!

sandyd
March 13th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Hello! and welcome to ubuntu answers formerly known as yahoo answers.
We will be more than happy to answer all your questions!:p
We can guarantee that you will get your answer in minutes!!!, why? Because we have knowledgeble people around the world gladly answering any question of any kind!:)
Thank you for visiting ubuntu answers!;)
Have a great day!

Michael, from ubuntu answers!

ahem! back to the topic, buy small pizzas so u can save money!
:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:
I remember my ink spill question :D

I would get about 15-20 depending on the size of the pizzas and how much each pizza eats.

sudoer541
March 13th, 2010, 05:02 AM
:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:
I remember my ink spill question :D

I would get about 15-20 depending on the size of the pizzas and how much each pizza eats.

its ok to ask random questions here. I even do that from time to time.
I remember once I asked "I got a flu, is this Swine flu?" My thread was closed after an hour or so due to "questions that caused drama on the forums" lol:D

hyperAura
March 13th, 2010, 05:08 AM
a lot i suppose!! :p

nmccrina
March 13th, 2010, 06:12 AM

Pizza's gonna send out for you.

:P

dionysodoros
March 13th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Order 20 pizzas 4x4 size and you will just fine xD

sandyd
March 13th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Pizza's gonna send out for you.

:P

woah. huge typo :D but im gonna leave it like that just cuz its funny.

whiskeylover
March 13th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I can barely finish half of a large from Papa Johns (They have a deal going on for 1 large and upto 7 toppings for $10.99).

Assuming you only want to serve pizza and nothing else, and for 1 meal only, I'd have 2 large pizzas per 5 persons. So, around 20 large for 50 people.

Get some veggie pizzas if you have vegetarians in your group. Make the ratio of veggie/meat pizzas more than the ratio of vegetarians/meat eaters because some meat eaters would like to take slices from the veggie pizza too.

swoll1980
March 13th, 2010, 03:55 PM

koleoptero
March 13th, 2010, 03:59 PM
worst case scenario.

yummy.

Who said he has to eat nothing but pizzas :P

I'm also surprized noone said 42

Bölvağur
March 13th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I'd say the average person eats 3 to 4 slices depending on male/female ratio, age and if you have any other snacks.

So let's assume your average guest eats 3.5 slices from a large 8 slice pizza.

( 3.5 ÷ 8 ) × 50 = 21.875

~22 large pizzas would be enough. But if there are many girls attending it can go very far down.

Just by letting everyone have 3 slices you can get away with ordering only 19 pizzas.
( 3.0 ÷ 8 ) × 50 = 18.75

snowpine
March 13th, 2010, 04:10 PM
At least 25. This not only ensures everyone gets 4 slices, it means there is a larger selection (so someone showing up late isn't forced to eat mushrooms). Order more if the pizzas will be sitting on a table all afternoon during a boring presentation!

kellemes
March 13th, 2010, 04:39 PM
One slice should be enough..

http://www.canpages.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/worlds-largest-pizza.jpg

subedistra7
March 13th, 2010, 04:54 PM
One slice should be enough..

http://www.canpages.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/worlds-largest-pizza.jpg

i dont even want to think how many hairs are in that.

BuffaloX
March 13th, 2010, 11:21 PM
If it's ordinary sized pizzas I'd say 50.
Some can eat slightly more than one pizza, and some slightly less.

An ordinary pizza is usually made to be "just enough" for one "average" person, fitting your local demographic.

Giant Speck
March 14th, 2010, 12:16 AM
i dont even want to think how many hairs are in that.

Or how raw some parts of that pizza must be.

lisati
March 14th, 2010, 12:25 AM
And for the next question, would we discuss the number of bottles of drink to buy, and what would constitute a good mixture of type of drink?

markbuntu
March 14th, 2010, 02:09 AM
The only thing you can drink with pizza is beer if you are to maintain a full balanced diet.

If you are serving standard 16 inch pizzas cut into 8 slices you need to figure 2 slices per person, some will eat one, many will eat two and the others will eat the rest. So for 50 people that is approximately 12 pizzas if nobody has eaten dinner yet. If the pizzas are only 14 inches then you would need 16.

If you expect that people will be engaged and excited then you should have a few more. People eat more when they are having fun.

As for beer, it depends on the event length and when you want people to leave and whether or not they are expected to have been drinking before they show up. For the average event lasting 3 or 4 hours you can conservatively figure 3 beers per person. A few will drink none, some will drink one or two, many will drink three and the rest will drink whatever is left. If you want people to stay longer figure one beer per hour for one half the people.

If women are expected then you may need to have some wine. One bottle of white and one bottle of red wine for each 4 to 6 women. Subtract 4 beers for each bottle of wine.

For the teetotalers have a few cases of bottled water. It would not be a kind thing to leave them empty handed and many drinkers will want water also as the event winds down.

This is just averages for normal people eating and drinking normally in a normal environment where they feel comfortable and among friendly people with something in common. If you expect that most people will be uncomfortable and plan to do nothing to combat this then reduce the quantity of food and drink by 1/2 because people will not stay long.

It is all about knowing who is coming and what they are expecting. If you can generate an atmosphere of fun and inclusion then everyone will stay and have a good time and eat all the pizza and drink all the beer and wine and water and have very positive feelings about whatever it is you are getting them involved in.

If you can have this event in a medium small space, not so small they are all crowded together but small enough that groups are not spearated by too much space to prevent casual interaction then everyone will maintain engagement as a group.

Have some music. Not too loud, nothing hard core. Start with something old and recognizable but innocuos as people eat and then you can slowly ramp up the beat and the volume as people begin talking amongst themselves but never so loud that people cannot hear each other talk. When it is time for them to leave you can turn up the volume and change the beat and many will leave so they can continue their conversations.

After those people leave you can turn it up and let people cut lose for a little while and then you can just stop the music and kick them out and they will be OK with that because you gave them a good time.

Party planning 101.

koleoptero
March 14th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Amazing...

Warpnow
March 14th, 2010, 02:29 AM

Worst case scenario is you max out your credit card, can't pay your bill, and go into massive debt. :-p

I mean, if we're talking cici's pizza, 50 pizzas will still run you like $300 after taxes. At like pizza hurt or somewhere it'd prolly be more than double that...

gymophett
March 14th, 2010, 02:41 AM
I never realized people ate so much pizza. O_o

Phrea
March 14th, 2010, 02:59 AM
So, 今幸福, were we helpful?

NightwishFan
March 14th, 2010, 02:59 AM
I am a lightweight and I always order my own whole pizza, so yeah people can down the stuff I suppose. :D

sailthesea
March 14th, 2010, 04:46 AM
The only thing you can drink with pizza is beer if you are to maintain a full balanced diet.

If you are serving standard 16 inch pizzas cut into 8 slices you need to figure 2 slices per person, some will eat one, many will eat two and the others will eat the rest. So for 50 people that is approximately 12 pizzas if nobody has eaten dinner yet. If the pizzas are only 14 inches then you would need 16.

If you expect that people will be engaged and excited then you should have a few more. People eat more when they are having fun.

As for beer, it depends on the event length and when you want people to leave and whether or not they are expected to have been drinking before they show up. For the average event lasting 3 or 4 hours you can conservatively figure 3 beers per person. A few will drink none, some will drink one or two, many will drink three and the rest will drink whatever is left. If you want people to stay longer figure one beer per hour for one half the people.

If women are expected then you may need to have some wine. One bottle of white and one bottle of red wine for each 4 to 6 women. Subtract 4 beers for each bottle of wine.

For the teetotalers have a few cases of bottled water. It would not be a kind thing to leave them empty handed and many drinkers will want water also as the event winds down.

This is just averages for normal people eating and drinking normally in a normal environment where they feel comfortable and among friendly people with something in common. If you expect that most people will be uncomfortable and plan to do nothing to combat this then reduce the quantity of food and drink by 1/2 because people will not stay long.

It is all about knowing who is coming and what they are expecting. If you can generate an atmosphere of fun and inclusion then everyone will stay and have a good time and eat all the pizza and drink all the beer and wine and water and have very positive feelings about whatever it is you are getting them involved in.

If you can have this event in a medium small space, not so small they are all crowded together but small enough that groups are not spearated by too much space to prevent casual interaction then everyone will maintain engagement as a group.

Have some music. Not too loud, nothing hard core. Start with something old and recognizable but innocuos as people eat and then you can slowly ramp up the beat and the volume as people begin talking amongst themselves but never so loud that people cannot hear each other talk. When it is time for them to leave you can turn up the volume and change the beat and many will leave so they can continue their conversations.

After those people leave you can turn it up and let people cut lose for a little while and then you can just stop the music and kick them out and they will be OK with that because you gave them a good time.

Party planning 101.

Now that Sir is what Willis was talkin' about

My wedding is sorted;)

koleoptero
March 14th, 2010, 04:59 AM
So, 今幸福, were we helpful?

I bet he's recovering from pizza overdose and can't post.

Jesus_Valdez
March 14th, 2010, 05:55 AM
If it's ordinary sized pizzas I'd say 50.
Some can eat slightly more than one pizza, and some slightly less.

An ordinary pizza is usually made to be "just enough" for one "average" person, fitting your local demographic.
wat

I mean, Denmark clearly has some small pizza, I'm far from the "average person" (IE I'm fat) and I can't eat a complete pizza unless is the only thing to eat during a weekend.

Austin25
March 14th, 2010, 06:19 AM
I like pizza...

HappinessNow
March 14th, 2010, 10:20 PM
So, 今幸福, were we helpful?Yes everyone was very helpful...

The pizzas were to feed 5 bands that volunteered for a benefit concert, their people helping them and all the volunteers for the event.

I over estimated on the amount of people at 50 when it was probably closer to 40 or even a bit less.

I bought 20 extra large pizzas (16 inch), 5 extra cheese, 5 pepperoni, 5 cheese and mushroom, 5 spinach and feta cheese and 50 assorted bottled sodas Henry Weinhard's Root-beer, Jones Soda and Boylans

All the sodas went, and we ended up in the end with about 3-6 extra full pizzas that the bands took home on the road with them.

I was happy to know that everyone ate their fill and we had extra pizzas left over. I would have rather had too much and not enough.

I know some of the band members personally and some are so poor that they find their food in the trash, literally!...most are poor college students or under-employed but the bands found it in their heart to volunteer their time for a good cause.

The concert went very well and a portion was aired live on a local radio station.

The event was a success!

Thanks for everyones input, I did reference this thread to actually determine how many pizzas to order and I feel it was right on. I did go a few hundred dollars over budget on the pizzas and drinks but I had enough grant money to cover it.

Any left over funds will get distributed to the bands for travel expenses.

EDIT: note this was a University function, a dry University so no alcoholic beverages were allowed; so no beers.

NightwishFan
March 14th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Excellent, I am glad you got it working. It sounds like it was a great event.

JDShu
March 15th, 2010, 01:19 AM
I guess you gave them the extra pizzas so that the poor guys don't have to rummage in the trash again.

HappinessNow
July 25th, 2010, 06:32 PM
I guess you gave them the extra pizzas so that the poor guys don't have to rummage in the trash again.

Yep.

linux18
July 25th, 2010, 06:40 PM
b () {
a () {
sudo apt-get install pizza
}
aaaaaaaa
cd /home/bathroom
sudo rm /.local/share/Trash
b
}