PDA

View Full Version : ubuntu 10.10 release schedule!

sudoer541
March 12th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Here is the Ubuntu 10.10 (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/03/ubuntu-1010-release-schedule.html) "M" Release schedule!!!

cariboo
March 13th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Why worry about the 10.10 release schedule, when Lucid hasn't been released yet. That is only a preliminary release schedule, it won't be set in stone until UDS. If I remember correctly the next one in in Belgium.

Vidayo
March 13th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Why worry about the 10.10 release schedule, when Lucid hasn't been released yet. That is only a preliminary release schedule, it won't be set in stone until UDS. If I remember correctly the next one in in Belgium.

Well this does happen to be an Ubuntu forum so why not make a post to inform people?

sudoer541
March 13th, 2010, 12:14 AM
OMG!!! I cant wait for lucid!!! I am so tempted to try the alpha version but at the same time I am expecting the final product :p
plus I hear voices in my head saying "Try lucid!...try lucid!!!" jk!:p

23meg
March 13th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Well this does happen to be an Ubuntu forum so why not make a post to inform people?

Because a preliminary release schedule that's just been put on a wiki page which is almost guaranteed to change significantly will misinform people, especially those who will copy and paste it around in forums, blogs and elsewhere, instead of linking to the original page.

And I'm not making this up; it does happen every cycle, causing confusion about deadlines.

kernelhaxor
March 13th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Because a preliminary release schedule that's just been put on a wiki page which is almost guaranteed to change significantly will misinform people, especially who will copy and paste it around in forums, blogs and elsewhere, instead of linking to the original page.

And I'm not making this up; it does happen every cycle, causing confusion about deadlines.

I agree. It's kinda stupid to copy-paste a schedule that very likely will change; don't know why people can't just link to the wiki.

samh785
March 13th, 2010, 12:31 AM
OMG!!! I cant wait for lucid!!! I am so tempted to try the alpha version but at the same time I am expecting the final product :p
plus I hear voices in my head saying "Try lucid!...try lucid!!!" jk!:p
Run it in a virtual machine! Can't hurt can it? ;)

sudoer541
March 13th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Run it in a virtual machine! Can't hurt can it? ;)

I like to have the final product so I can avoid the large number of updates.

Post Monkeh
March 13th, 2010, 12:37 AM
I agree. It's kinda stupid to copy-paste a schedule that very likely will change; don't know why people can't just link to the wiki.

because if you post information without linking to an article, it can look like you're just "in the know" and not just a regular dude who just happens to use the right website.

cariboo
March 13th, 2010, 02:55 AM
The blog the op linked to has been wrong several times, so I don't think it is really the best source for information about what's up coming.

AllenGG
March 13th, 2010, 03:08 AM

Good point !! Many of us take for granted the new release schedule. Note, if you do updates using Synaptic you will get notices of new versions,
If: you have installed "Update Manager" there will be many notifications of "new releases".

Allen :cool: