PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to boot after fresh install - Screen blacks out

s0ulsc0rcher
March 12th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Hello,

I am having an interesting problem with my new ubuntu 9.10 install.

I was able to boot up the live CD and install the OS to the hard disk. *Single boot

After I rebooted, the system loads up to the Ubuntu splash screen and will “eventually” move along. The problem is that once it moves past the splash screen, it starts blacking out the screen. It looks like the screen turns on for about 10 seconds and then off for another 10 seconds repeatedly. The screen blinks like this indefinitely.

This is my first attempt at installing and or using Linux so I am an uber n00b. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

** Also, I am able to ctrl + alt + f1 and get to the terminal so i should be able to run any commands without any trouble.

s0ulsc0rcher
March 14th, 2010, 07:33 AM
So after multiple troubleshooting steps, i finally reinstalled 9.10 on the drive. It worked!!! for about a day, until i rebooted it. i have reinstalled it about 4 times and have had successful installs about 25% of the time. i do see some disk errors, but it keeps saying that the disk test passes successfully.

plz help!!!